Mountain Project Logo

NW ILL / Wisconsin - Looking for partner...

Original Post
Jeff Gunnon · · Grand Detour, IL · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Long time climber with lots of experience, trad and sport, but prefer classic trad lines.   As I got older, family, kids and work slowed me down, but I don’t wanna be that guy....lol.  I been training all winter and been out to the crags a couple times, but I don’t have partners like I used to.   Have all of my own gear and a strong urge to get back on the rock.   Willing to climb at any level or even mentor if it’s the right person.   Anyone interested in pulling down sometime ???

joeker · · Madison · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 5

I’m your guy.  I live in Baraboo (right next to devils lake). I recently found myself in a similar situation with children.  I’m a beginning leader with 16 leads up to 5.7.  I’m currently enrolled in the AMGA SPI course over memorial weekend.  I’m trying to get a few more leads in before the start of class. I don’t know a lot of climbers so I’m struggling to find people to lead with.  My number is (608) 609-8797. My name is Joe.

Joe,  I think I PM you. Check it out.  

Mike Hemp · · New Mexico · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

Joe and Jeff!  You guys still looking for another random partner?  I'm pretty new to Madison and been looking for people to climb Devils Lake with.  I've got quite a bit of climbing experience(more sport and TR, bit of trad) but it's been a few months so I'd be fairly rusty.  Probably looking for about 7s to 9s and potentially 10s. Got a trad rack but seeing as its been a little while I don't think I'd lead trad just yet.  Perfectly happy to belay for people leading or just happy to toprope as well.  I'm pretty free through the summer so I could make most days work.  Let me know!

Hit me up! 608-609-8797.  I’m looking to knock a few more leads in the next couple weeks.  I’m looking to lead with people at the 5.6 grade.

My name is Joe Hinrichs

Let’s all get together for the day and climb.
815 973 8363.   Jeff Gunnon 

I’m free this Friday afternoon/early evening and most the day this Sunday if anyone is in the Devils lake area. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest Partners
Post a Reply to "NW ILL / Wisconsin - Looking for partner..."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started