Mountain Project Logo

June 20-23 Red Rock Route suggestions

Original Post
Darrin Stein · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 365

Looking for some nice 3+ pitch suggestions for these dates.  I am not looking to hike in more than 30 minutes, only up to 5.9, and in the shade preferably.  I am also doing my own research here, but thought I would ask.  When I get closer to my trip I will post for a partner with a rope, rack, and ride, unless someone wants to step up in this thread.  Thanks in advance and CLIMB HARD!

Ashort · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 56

Angel food wall after 11am or noon and it will be in the shade. Tunnel vision or pur blind pillar. Take lots of water and a brimmed hat for the hike. 

Ted Vandell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0

Might try Mt. Charleston that time of year. Much more comfortable up there that time of year.

Alex Fletcher · · Las Vegas · Joined May 2016 · Points: 252

Lol, I was just coming to this thread to say that tunnel vision on july 4th last year was an excellent outing starting the hike at about 1030 am. 

Darrin Stein · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 365

Not wanting Mt. Charleston because it's single pitch, but yes... an option.  Looks like Angel Food Wall it will be.  I especially like where it says an easy 30 minute approach.  Thanks everyone!!

cassondra l · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 335

BTW, you do know that it will likely be very warm in Red Rock on those dates. Makes sense that you would rather not hike more than 30 minutes.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "June 20-23 Red Rock Route suggestions"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started