Mountain Project Logo

Durrance?

Original Post
Olivia Johnson · · Montana · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Anyone down to take a lap on Durrance sometime in April? Can definitely belay, maybe lead a couple pitches (I'm slow, so if you're looking for speed I'm happy to stick on belay, haha).
 I have a standard rack and a 70m rope. Just looking for an opp to get outside and keep working on multipitch skills :)

Brandon Wentz · · Basin Wyoming · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

It looks like a really nice climb 

Kent Sullivan · · Big Sky, MT · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 25

I'll be heading to Devil's Tower around the last week in April (between 4/24 and 4/30, exact dates are flexible), I'd be down for a lap up Durrance. If you want to partner up and plan a day that works for you feel free to shoot me a text: 732-513-8608

Buck Rio · · MN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 16

You'll need to get up really early for that route...seriously, that route sees more traffic than 35W in Minneapolis.

If you can step up your game just slightly, the Bon Homme variation is cruiser and far less busy. There is a traverse after the wide section down low that is super low angle that protects well for the second, then it is hands in a corner.  Second pitch IIRC is kind of easy crack moves. There are two cracks, use the right one, it has better pro.

Kalli Schumacher · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1

I’ll be driving from MN on 4/30, looking for a partner for durrance 5/1 or 5/2.

PM me

Mark Orsag · · Omaha, NE · Joined May 2013 · Points: 916

If Durrance is crowded, another possible alternative is Pseudo-Weissner. Honestly, a more flowing enjoyable route (IMHO) than Durrance though definitely PG in spots.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, & Dakotas Partners
Post a Reply to "Durrance?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started