Mountain Project Logo

Bring All Your Friends

Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 265
Rob warden The space lizard wrote:

Indian fuckin creek? 

That’s sport climbing with heavy quickdraws.

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 20

Cool post.  Did posting this make you feel better about yourself. Feed that that entitled attitude that you climb harder than those who have friends but are less experienced. So their inexperience makes them inferior to you. So much that you need create a post online to display how great you are. Climbing is popular, it sucks,  but deal with it like an adult.  Don't be dumb

Rob warden The space lizard · · Now...where? · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 0
Marc H wrote:

That’s sport climbing with heavy quickdraws.

I have a tick list for you

Starts with humble pie
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
trailridge wrote: Cool post.  Did posting this make you feel better about yourself. Feed that that entitled attitude that you climb harder than those who have friends but are less experienced. So their inexperience makes them inferior to you. So much that you need create a post online to display how great you are. Climbing is popular, it sucks,  but deal with it like an adult.  Don't be dumb

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Tradiban wrote:

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!

Trailridge isn't, really. The tone of the OP is kinda jerk-like.

Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 265
Rob warden The space lizard wrote:

I have a tick list for you

Starts with humble pie

I didn't say it's easy sport climbing.

Rob warden The space lizard · · Now...where? · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 0
Marc H wrote:

I didn't say it's easy sport climbing.

It sure can be though

Brandon.Phillips · · Portola, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 55

The ratio should also be 1 unleashed dog to 1 human. And bluetooth speakers blasting dub step. 

Carolina · · Front Range NC · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 20
Christian . wrote:

LOL i literally saw someone with a toddler at a crag where you had to traverse over water to get to the spot. 

Forrset Pials · · New York, NYC · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

The gunks has a ton of this bullshit

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5
Christian . wrote: Make sure when you go climb outside you invite your ENTIRE gym crew.  Like please bring them all.  Don't go in a sly little duo of 2.  Like why do that?!?!.  BRING EVERYBODY.  And if anyone tosses you salt go "try" out that hard route they are posted under and sit on it for 15-20 mins.  Have a great day outside! 

Wild idea - you could invite all your friends and go climb outside?

plantmandan · · Brighton, CO · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 85

Has anyone ever went out to go climbing and then went home because all the routes were full?

Serious question.

Cron · · Maine / NH · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 60
plantmandan wrote: Has anyone ever went out to go climbing and then went home because all the routes were full?

Serious question.

One time I tried to go climbing at the Trapps on a Saturday in peak season and showed up late (10am) with all the parking areas full. Went on a hike instead.

Brandon Fields · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 5
plantmandan wrote: Has anyone ever went out to go climbing and then went home because all the routes were full?

Serious question.

I tried to go to Takeout Beach in Moab on an off day for some easy sport once. It looked like a high school party under every route. Just walked away as fast as I could.

Colin Brochard · · San Diego, CA · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 176

that crew of newbs 10 deep, usually spends the day gangbanging a classic 10 or two. Frankly, it's an efficient use of space; if they were 5 pairs of two - they might spread out and actually get more done, but then the whole crag would be busy. My biggest complaint is the noise generally speaking. Why always yelling?! 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Colin Brochard wrote: that crew of newbs 10 deep, usually spends the day gangbanging a classic 10 or two. Frankly, it's an efficient use of space; if they were 5 pairs of two - they might spread out and actually get more done, but then the whole crag would be busy. My biggest complaint is the noise generally speaking. Why always yelling?! 

We have banned yelling at our crag. SO CAN YOU!

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/112160830/yelling-at-tahquitzsuicide​​​
Matt N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 415

Breaking News...

LA is crowded!!!
For some reason I was reminded of this song while in Jtree this weekend - oh yes, the insta G hordes all dressed up - definitely from El Lay.

M P · · Somewhere in the desert · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 356

Serious question.

Gunks on a Saturday where I showed up after 10am. Luckily, I can fit my motorcycle pretty much anywhere, so parking wasn't an issue. But I walked up and down the crag for about 2 hours before deciding I was over it. Grabbed some food, rode back to the city, and vowed to stay home on the weekends as much as possible thereafter.

Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 1,667

Serious question.

Not gone home. But changed crag choice— yes. 

Just yesterday, we were trying to decide between two crags. We picked one, and just as we were about to start hiking, a large group of 12-14 people rolled in. We asked them where they were going. They named the same crag that we were heading to. We immediately changed plans and went to the other place, where we didn’t see anyone else for most of the day (two people walked in as we were leaving in the afternoon). 

plantmandan · · Brighton, CO · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 85

OK, I guess the crag can be full these days.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Beginning Climbers
Post a Reply to "Bring All Your Friends"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started