Mountain Project Logo

Snow Creek Wall

Original Post
Ben Pellerin · · Spaceship Earth · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Any locals that can give me the 411 on conditions in this area? Any snow and ice or is it clear to climb? 

Kyle L · · North Bend, WA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 181

There is snow and post-holing on the approach. The wall should be clear to climb. The descent gully is mostly snow free. Watch out for ticks.

Jplotz · · Cashmere, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 1,315
kblemoir wrote:Watch out for ticks.

Ugh.  More like 'watch the ticks as they crawl up your rope.'

Kyle Elliott · · Granite falls · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 1,718

As mentioned, the wall itself is in. Still melting snow to navigate and this is the start of heinous tick season. 

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365
kblemoir wrote: There is snow and post-holing on the approach. The wall should be clear to climb. The descent gully is mostly snow free. Watch out for ticks.

Came back with a head full of them last spring! I think 6 in total. I was flicking them off right and left.  Slightly horrifying. Good luck, Climb safe.

Ben Pellerin · · Spaceship Earth · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

You all making it sound so fun! Love me some ticks! Thanks for the reply s

plastic princess · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I climbed Outer Space on 4/2. Nasty post holing for most of the approach and it got a little sketchy next to the creek but the wall was almost 100% dry and clear. The last 50 ft or so had some water but you could climb around it. I would recommend snow shoes for the approach if you're willing to carry them up the climb or hike back around to the base for them. Despite the snow it was a great day! I did come back with 3 ticks on my head but that's the price you pay...

Akash Rama · · Seattle, Wa · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

How bad are the ticks really. 

Michael T · · WA · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 602

Climbed up there yesterday. Some punchy snow by the creek and some on the trail but overall not that bad at all. There is also a little bit of snow leading up to the OG start. I chopped steps with a rock. Ticks are around, but not quite swarming.

Definitely no need for snowshoes.

saign charlestein · · Tacoma WA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 1,690
Akash Rama wrote: How bad are the ticks really. 

Killed at least 30 yesterday. They are rampant right now. Approach is almost completely snow free, and should be completely dry in a week or so.

Akash Rama · · Seattle, Wa · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

I went Sunday and caught 4 crawling on my body. No bites though

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365
Akash Rama wrote: I went Sunday and caught 4 crawling on my body. No bites though

Thats because they are already dug into your scalp and you can't see them anymore. 

hazelwould Cecil · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 5

This week it's raining, Saturday is supposed to be dry, will the wall be dry enough to climb? 

IJMayer · · Guemes Island, WA · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 350
hazelwould Cecil wrote: This week it's raining, Saturday is supposed to be dry, will the wall be dry enough to climb? 

Maybe?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Snow Creek Wall"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started