Mountain Project Logo

New to Portland area, looking for a climbing partner

Original Post
Katie Howard · · Portland, OR · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

I’m new to NW Portland, I would mainly be going to Planet Granite to climb top rope. Looking for a belaying partner. Working towards lead climbing and hopefully getting out to Smith Rock! My schedule varies, I can meet during week days and weekends. I do get stretches of days off for potential climbing trips

Matthew Enos · · Portland, OR · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 20

Hi Katie, welcome to Portland! I’m usually at Planet Granite 2-3/week, TR and/or lead. If you ever need a partner give me a buzz, 503-477-0591. Hoping to get out to Smith a bunch this Sring when the weather warms up. Also, the Planet Granite Partners page on Facebook is really useful. See you around!

Jackie Wang · · New York, NY · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 90

You should join the "Portland Oregon Climbing Community" FB group

Mitch Mende · · Ashland, OR · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I climb smith frequently and have 2 ropes, full trad rack, etc. If you are looking to climb Smith sometime

Mitch

Polina Polikakhina · · Portland, OR · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0

Another great way to find partners: FB page Planet Granite Partner Board

rl23455 · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 251

sent pm

Samuel E · · Chandler, AZ · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Hi, I'm looking for partners too!  I'm in Hillsboro and new to the area.  Ill join the FB groups already in the thread, but planet granite is a bit far during the week.  Anyone interested in weeknights at stoneworks?  

Eddie Reidy · · Portland Oregon · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

I’m interested in a partner as well for mostly outdoor and Smith rock is a destination I’m working up to currently and a few other places around bend.6192888280 is my number shoot me a text 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "New to Portland area, looking for a climbing pa…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started