Mountain Project Logo

Free Solo my Ass

Lauren Wilson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 58
caughtinside wrote:

Come on. Millennials ruined climbing, like they ruin everything else. Alex is a boss. Get with the program. 

lol hate to be the one to tell you that Alex is a millennial.

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525

If your ass is big enough to accommodate free soloing, as opposed to bouldering, then you might want to get that checked out. And also Dayyyummmm

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Lauren Wilson wrote:

lol hate to be the one to tell you that Alex is a millennial.

Alex was born in August 1985 - he's 33.

Just in case anyone needs a score-card:

As of 2018, the breakdown by age looks something like this:
  • Baby Boomers: Baby boomers were born between 1944 and 1964. They're current between 54-74 years old (76 million in U.S.)
  • Gen X: Gen X was born between 1965 - 1979 and are currently between 39-53 years old (82 million people in U.S.)
  • Gen Y: Gen Y, or Millennials, were born between 1980 and 1994. They are currently between 24-38 years old.
    • Gen Y.1 = 24-28 years old (31 million people in U.S.)
    • Gen Y.2 = 28-38 (42 million peeps)
  • Gen Z: Gen Z is the newest generation to be named and were born between 1995 and 2015. They are currently between 3-23 years old (nearly 74 million in U.S.)
[From: https://communityrising.kasasa.com/gen-x-gen-y-gen-z/    - additional demographic info at that page]
Lauren Wilson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 58
Marc801 C wrote:

Alex was born in August 1985 - he's 33.

Just in case anyone needs a score-card:

As of 2018, the breakdown by age looks something like this:
  • Baby Boomers: Baby boomers were born between 1944 and 1964. They're current between 54-74 years old (76 million in U.S.)
  • Gen X: Gen X was born between 1965 - 1979 and are currently between 39-53 years old (82 million people in U.S.)
  • Gen Y: Gen Y, or Millennials, were born between 1980 and 1994. They are currently between 24-38 years old.
    • Gen Y.1 = 24-28 years old (31 million people in U.S.)
    • Gen Y.2 = 28-38 (42 million peeps)
  • Gen Z: Gen Z is the newest generation to be named and were born between 1995 and 2015. They are currently between 3-23 years old (nearly 74 million in U.S.)
[From: https://communityrising.kasasa.com/gen-x-gen-y-gen-z/    - additional demographic info at that page]

Yeah that's why I said it, thanks for proving my point?

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Lauren Wilson wrote:

Yeah that's why I said it, thanks for proving my point?

You're welcome!

Paul Hutton · · Nephi, UT · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 740

If they cared enough to wish you don't die, they'd be listening to how you work to ensure surviving, rather than talking over you when they haven't bothered researching on their own, they just wanna bring you down to their level.

I just broke my ankle while rock climbing at red river gorge. I felt kinda dumb, that my family were bearing that thought in mind "you've had it coming". But they've all been very supportive through this traumatized foot and ankle recovery process (if you can call 10 days post surgery, out of months and months to the ultimate destination). This could turn out to be in the top 3 of epics I've had in my life. And it all happened in just 3 seconds. It's almost not fair.

Matthew Bertolatus · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 90
F loyd wrote:

Who brags about not having a TV? 

What?  This is such a meme that the onion did a thing on it 2000

https://www.theonion.com/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-televisi-1819565469

FWIW I don't own a microwave.  Don't really miss having one. 
Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 148
Matthew Bertolatus wrote:

https://www.theonion.com/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-televisi-1819565469

^^^ guy who tells everyone he doesn't even own a microwave.

F Loyd · · Kennewick, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 808
Matthew Bertolatus wrote:

Dang, I was playing Warcraft and trying to look at blurry boobs on dial-up in 2000. Didn't even know what a meme was back then. 

Matthew Bertolatus · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 90
Timothy Case · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Based on the title I thought this was a Missed Connections ad from Craigslist.  Am I right???

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525
Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote:

^^^ guy who tells everyone he doesn't even own a microwave.

Shit dude, I'd be lost without a microwave. Being able to cook meals in bulk in the crockpot and then just reheat in the microwave is an essential part of my life. 

TBlom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2004 · Points: 360

I do own a TV and a microwave, but I have never seen Free Solo.
It is not on netflix yet...

Alex Haeger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 105
Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote: What is the average air speed velocity of a unladen Swallow?

Coconuts my ass.

Very good point sir.

Paul Hutton · · Nephi, UT · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 740
Ashort wrote: But what grade is your ass? I can only free solo up to 5.4

The poor attitude of starting this thread really only warrants these kinds of responses. 

Kevinmurray · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 0

Climbing has been on a downward spiral for a long time thanks to gyms and too many people so to say a movie ruined climbing is not altogether true. Climbing movies can be incredibly borrring. I tried to watch Meru the other day just to see what all the hype was about. Fast fowarded through it and all I saw was interviews with people. Spent all of 3 minutes. Would not pay to see Free Solo .I have netflix and won't watch dawn wall, the worlds longest sport climb.

Robert S · · Driftwood, TX · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 654

So does free soloing an ass mean skipping a condom, or does it mean something I'm too old and uncool to get?

Chris Hill · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 0
Kevinmurray wrote: Climbing has been on a downward spiral for a long time thanks to gyms and too many people so to say a movie ruined climbing is not altogether true. Climbing movies can be incredibly borrring. I tried to watch Meru the other day just to see what all the hype was about. Fast fowarded through it and all I saw was interviews with people. Spent all of 3 minutes. Would not pay to see Free Solo .I have netflix and won't watch dawn wall, the worlds longest sport climb.

Is this the Kevin Murray from the old days in Colorado Springs?

Glenn Schuler · · Monument, Co. · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 1,330
Chris Hill wrote:

Is this the Kevin Murray from the old days in Colorado Springs?

Affirmative.

Rock Climber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 179

...  6 months from now ... everyone who didn't care about climbing before wont care about climbing again ...

If climbing is ruined for you then move on, more rock for the rest of us. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Free Solo my Ass"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started