Mountain Project Logo

accommodations in ton sai and rai ley

Original Post
richard aiken · · El Chorro Spain · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 20

I haven't been there for 10 years. There used to be $2 primitive places and very expensive luxury. Are there any private rooms or bungalows available with air con in quiet places (i.e. no night clubs or audible music or noise at night) for under $30 per night, preferably under $20? I don't want the $2 places and I don't need the Dusit! Just clean, quiet, not expensive. definitely want air con. probably want it for several weeks in Feb and March
thanks for any names of places

Ali Williams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 12

I was there in 2015 and was able to stay in a nice spot in Ton Sai back in the jungle with air con at night for around $20 a night. I also stayed in small bungalow cabins with just fans for around $10 a night. I'm pretty sure I've stayed in a bungalow at a place called "Chill Out Ton Sai" which are on AirBNB for $21 a night. I've been there several times over the years, so when and where I stayed blurs together.

Jessa Lee · · Northern California · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Richard, I found the easiest way last year was just to walk around and talk to the different places. I don't think you can get anywhere for $2 anymore. I got my bungalow for around $8/night but it would be considered on the more primitive side: fan, private toilet/shower, power about 6hrs at night, bed with mosquito net. I feel like the places on the "main" road may have more air conditioning options than the jungle road.

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 40

in 2010'ish I stayed at Railay side on I think mountainside or mountaintop. It was 12 a night but was the low season and had my own bungalow. It was pretty great!

Evan T · · Cornville, AZ · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 0

Negotiate a weekly or monthly rate up front and you'll get closer to the rate you want. Online booking will kill you. You there now? I should be there in few days!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "accommodations in ton sai and rai ley"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started