Mountain Project Logo

AT skiers, slipping up?

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35
Tapawingo Markey wrote: They'll be plenty sticky so I wouldn't worry about it, if anything the Ascensions were "too" sticky out of the box and got better over time. I also wouldn't leave your skins on your skis for any extended period of time unless you're using them, they'll take the wax of your skis and dry out the bases.

They were only on to get them sized. Folded up with mesh and in a bag now.

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote:...I got a brand new pair of BD Ascension skins ...I noticed in that time the skins were coming up from the skis...  they are clearly not as sticky as my G3's....has BD come up with a way to get the skin to stick well without being so stuck?

-Yup they'll do that, it's fine once you're skinning/ used a little. 

-Yeah BD glue is kinda the best in terms of tacky, but not too tacky. G3 for a while was TOO sticky, apparently the new ones have fixed that.
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

Update time.

I've been out several times since I changed skins, more than times climbing actually.

I have gone up loads of stuff with no problems.

The only thing I did slip on was a steep icy slope I tried to ski sideways up, as a test.

I can't complain.

Miguel D · · SLC · Joined May 2014 · Points: 544

Glad you're doing better now. I have G3 skins too and have trouble going up some tracks where pretty much no one else does. And I have heard similar things from other people with G3 skins. I will either be getting G3 high tractions or BD skins next.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Other Sports
Post a Reply to "AT skiers, slipping up?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started