Mountain Project Logo

Tahquitz Ice Climbing

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Guy Keesee wrote:

Well then.... if you think you can climb that “ICE” go for it! For someone who advocated the addition of bolts to every climb there I for one want to see some photos of you front pointing up Revelations.... I will hold.

Do you even know what ICE is? 

Respectively, Guy Keesee. 

Front pointing would have damaged the rock in this ice. Def not thick enough for any screws either. You do the math.

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 349
Tradiban wrote:

Front pointing would have damaged the rock in this ice. Def not thick enough for any screws either. You do the math.

Dude! So how are you going to climb it? Pray tell. 

1 + 3 = 0     Is that the math? 
Really really eager to know. Has some new technologies emerged, that this dinosaur (me) missed???? ICE Velcro? .... sticks to wet snow!!! 
master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 262
Alejandro Alpine wrote:

Guy,

You did not just call out one of the die hard locals of the world class alpine taquitos.

These dudes are hardcore, yet, I’m afraid you’ll never get to see a picture of any of them on the rock “front pointing” anything. However, they tend to be pretty good forum gangbangers.

For future reference, what they consider ice there is nothing more than a thin membrane covering holes, pretty sure there’s a name for that.

You don't have to be upset because you ain't a local brajmahala anonymous...

Guy Keesee wrote:

Dude! So how are you going to climb it? Pray tell. 

1 + 3 = 0     Is that the math? 
Really really eager to know. Has some new technologies emerged, that this dinosaur (me) missed???? ICE Velcro? .... sticks to wet snow!!! 

The Tradiban only climbs on perfect virgin ice. This just won't do.

x15x15 · · Use Ignore Button · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 275
Tradiban wrote:

The Tradiban only climbs on perfect virgin ice. This just won't do.

Which states the obvious... Tradiban does not do ice... perfect virgin ice... sheeeesh!!!

Jeffrey Constine · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined May 2009 · Points: 674

Let’s see those ice climbing photos local BOYS!!!’ Bring it on!

CO Climber wrote: How’s that pristine rock working out?

Get a little snow and not a single SoCal climber knows what to do.  
You, my friend, are the epitome of dumbshitness... you're a walking oxyMoron...
Unverified Alpine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0
CO Climber wrote: Say it ain’t so braj?  Guess all you locals are thin skinned.  LOL. 

LOL!!! 

Not all Southern California locals, just the world class alpine climbers from this tiny mountain. And those who say brajhmaajalla, which honestly sounds like something I’d eat with humus and pita bread 

Jeffrey Constine · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined May 2009 · Points: 674

OH MAN down the toilet it goes.

Alejandro Alpine wrote:

LOL!!! 

Not all Southern California locals, just the world class alpine climbers from this tiny mountain. And those who say brajhmaajalla, which honestly sounds like something I’d eat with humus and pita bread 

That's racist.

Tradiban wrote:

That's racist.

I’m not racist dude. 

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 262
Alejandro Alpine wrote:

I’m not racist dude. 

Acknowledgement is the first step man. It's ok dude we are accepting of all types in so cal - not like other parts of the country. Jah feel? 

master gumby wrote:

Acknowledgement is the first step man. It's ok dude we are accepting of all types in so cal - not like other parts of the country. Jah feel? 

Lol I seriously do eat humus and pita.

JohnReg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10

I clicked on this thread to see what people were saying about ice climbing at Tahquitz. 

Fat Dad · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 60
CO Climber wrote:

Don’t worry bro. We all know. You don’t have to explain yourself to them. No one named Alejandro can be racist. They’re racist for calling you racist. 

Troll.  Has Eleanor resurfaced?

Tim FromMaine · · Maine->Colorado · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 11

I went out on Saturday to where I thought was the 50M smear. I may have missed the actual "flow" but I did find enough thin "ice" nonsense to stick a pick or two. I've got to give Tradiban some credit, he got me out of the house on an otherwise crumby day, where I would have stayed home binge drinking and cruising mountain project. 

Tawk Tomahawk · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0
Competent Leader wrote:

You might be onto something, although the dude reads more like beardo in my opinion.

Edit:  forgot to mention, alejandro does a couple easy walk ups in the Sierra and fancies himself a mountaineer now.  Might I be the first to say:   Lol

What do you consider “not an easy walk” in the Sierra might I ask, to put things into context? 

CO Climber wrote: Say it ain’t so braj?  Guess all you locals are thin skinned.  LOL. 

damnitalltoheck!!! you got me... quick on your wits... I just haven't figured out how to deal with hikers...

Fat Dad · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 60
Competent Leader wrote:

You might be onto something, although the dude reads more like beardo in my opinion.

Edit:  forgot to mention, alejandro does a couple easy walk ups in the Sierra and fancies himself a mountaineer now.  Might I be the first to say:   Lol

Got it.  A troll and a d bag.  Thanks for the clarification.

CO Climber wrote:
Next time I'm in town and hike Devils Slide gazing in awe at the rocks I can't climb with the family, I'll buy you a beer if you promise me protection from the local thugs my friend.

sounds like a plan.  

I've shared many a fine ales with tons of hikers as they quiz me, and my family, about all the gear we use to scale the massive rocks that surround this Idyllwild Shangri la...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Tahquitz Ice Climbing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started