Mountain Project Logo

Fixe Parabolts

Original Post
Kent Krauza · · Vancouver Island · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Does anyone have direct experience with Fixe Parabolts? The internet is devoid of information, at least in English.

C Williams · · Sketchy, Blackvanistan · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 1,556

Over priced and often of lesser quality than other climbing specific wedge anchors. If you are after a climbing specific wedge anchor check out the ones from team-tough/bolt-products. Those guys source really good bolts for a reasonable price.

On a performance note, I've had fixe's bolts show up with missing or bent expansion clips, bent and burred threads, and aggressive tooling marks on the cone that prevented proper tightening. For the same price or cheaper I can get stainless Hilti KB-TZ seismic anchors, and those have better strength and quality control.

Kent Krauza · · Vancouver Island · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Thanks C Williams, good info. I am indeed looking for a climbing specific wedge bolt, and specifically need 12 mm to drop in to holes previously occupied by Triplex bolts. I could ream the holes out to 1/2” if needed, but a 12 mm option would save me some work.

M Hanna · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 5

I believe Hilti carries metric as well, higher quality and available in 316 ss. Their wedge anchors are excellent.

MH

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525

for euro sizes I would go with either team tough (although I'm not sure if they have 12mm, it may just be 10mm) or petzl. Petzl's bolts work well, although they can be a bit pricey if you don't have a pro deal. Or hilti if they carry metric. Of those 3 you can't go wrong quality-wise so just get whatever is cheapest. 

Jim Titt · · Germany · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 490

Of course we do 12mm!

Drew Nevius · · Broken Arrow, OK · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 2,546

For the sake of future rebolters, I’d suggest going up to 1/2” if SAE is standard in your area.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Fixed Hardware: Bolts & Anchors
Post a Reply to "Fixe Parabolts"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started