Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Climbing holds.

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Alejo Herrero Palacio · · Beaufort, NC · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0

Hey y'all,
We are building a wee community based climbing gym in an abandoned house in coastal North Carolina.

We are trying to gather all the materials as we go, but climbing holds is been a hard one.
Tried on Ebay and they do not seem as cheap as very little is for sale or very little is used...
Any good ideas? I searched this forum and it all seemed rather outdated so if anybody has some good place to go... Wondering if any of the usual sellers have big sales at any time? Like Atomic Climbing Holds or some others?

Let me know any ideas or if you happen to be selling some holds cheap!

All the best,
Alejo

Tristan Burnham · · La Crescenta, CA · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 2,176

I’ve ordered from these guys a times. The holds are pretty plain but they are solid and I’ve never had one break. They are also really cheap. They make great warm up routes or filler holds in between crux moves.

https://www.amazon.com/Rocky-Mountain-Climbing-Gear-TC-JRNL-SNZX/dp/B00CM91N0S/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549572348&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=climbing+holds&dpPl=1&dpID=41K9Ly9P0AL&ref=plSrch

Tristan Burnham wrote: I’ve ordered from these guys a times. The holds are pretty plain but they are solid and I’ve never had one break. They are also really cheap. They make great warm up routes or filler holds in between crux moves.

https://www.amazon.com/Rocky-Mountain-Climbing-Gear-TC-JRNL-SNZX/dp/B00CM91N0S/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549572348&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=climbing+holds&dpPl=1&dpID=41K9Ly9P0AL&ref=plSrch

Hell yeah I did not find those before! I could only find hardwareless on amazon... Do you know if they have also feet holds?
Thanks!

Tristan Burnham · · La Crescenta, CA · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 2,176

Check out their site https://www.rockymountainclimbinggear.com

I ordered some screw on jibs from them a while ago. Looks like they have some but they look pretty big. Maybe just do a small order of footholds and see if you like them. 

Patrik D · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

Ask your local gym

Patrik D wrote: Ask your local gym

Thanks, the reason we are doing this is because there is no local gym.
Closest one is several hours drive from here...

Wes C · · Cleveland, oh · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 146

You can populate a lot of routes with synrock holds for relatively cheap.

http://www.synrockholds.com

Patrick C · · San Jose, CA · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 86

Alejo, I might be able to help you. I'd purchased many holds over the years, built a wall in my backyard in TX. I tore it all down a year ago and moved to CA, bringing the holds w/ me only because I didn't know what to do w/ them and wasn't going to put them in a landfill. I've got many brands, colors, sizes, etc. Most are traditional w/ a single bolt in to a T-Nut, others are held on by 3 "drywall" type screws. I've got 3 totes of them, plus a box of rare 6" inset holds. Many holds were outside in the TX humidity long enough they grew a little moss, but it'll scrub off. I even have the bolts, T-hex wrenches, and extra T-nuts to go w/. Make me an offer for the stuff, S&H is separate and collectively this stuff is heavy. I'll see if I can post some pics later. All of these holds are used, many 10+ years old. Some bolts have surface rust, but still function.

Anne Peick · · Lander, WY · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 15

Alejo, where are you located? I am often in coastal NC and looking to train....

Patrick C wrote: Alejo, I might be able to help you. I'd purchased many holds over the years, built a wall in my backyard in TX. I tore it all down a year ago and moved to CA, bringing the holds w/ me only because I didn't know what to do w/ them and wasn't going to put them in a landfill. I've got many brands, colors, sizes, etc. Most are traditional w/ a single bolt in to a T-Nut, others are held on by 3 "drywall" type screws. I've got 3 totes of them, plus a box of rare 6" inset holds. Many holds were outside in the TX humidity long enough they grew a little moss, but it'll scrub off. I even have the bolts, T-hex wrenches, and extra T-nuts to go w/. Make me an offer for the stuff, S&H is separate and collectively this stuff is heavy. I'll see if I can post some pics later. All of these holds are used, many 10+ years old. Some bolts have surface rust, but still function.

Sending you a PM RIGHT NOW!!!

Anne Peick wrote: Alejo, where are you located? I am often in coastal NC and looking to train....

Hey! 
We work for Duke, at least the ones involved so far... And we are creating a community space down by Harkers Island, well, Gloucester to be more precise... We are based in Beaufort!

Let me know if you ever around! this weekend we are lying the floor and some mattreses as crash pads, haha!

Dylan Boyd · · Lubbock, TX · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 7

I've got a box of about 60 lightly used holds I bought from a gym that closed down. I'll sell them for $1.25 a hold. PM if interested.
-Dyl

Dylan Boyd wrote: I've got a box of about 60 lightly used holds I bought from a gym that closed down. I'll sell them for $1.25 a hold. PM if interested.
-Dyl

PMing now!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started