Mountain Project Logo

2019 Mount Washington Valley Ice Fest

Original Post
Alex Fedorov · · New York City · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

Anyone going from NYC?

Give me a shout if you want to join in on the drive...  Just looking for company - hate driving to NH alone :)

Nate Beatty · · New York, NY · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0

I am probably going to head up there Friday night. I have a truck and room for a passenger as well, so I'd be up to either join you or drive others up!

David Maver · · Philadelphia PA · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0

I am driving up Thursday morning from Philadelphia, returning late Sunday.

Alex Fedorov · · New York City · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

I am going to head out on Thursday as well.. Friday I am singed up for multi pitch clinic...  So Nate if you decided to go a day early we could go together - if not maybe we can cross there :)
David - I doubt it makes sense for you to cross into NYC ... you are better of bypassing it altogether 

Alex - I leave early and take the GWB...I’ve done Tappan Zee before and it generally doesn’t save me anything provided I leave early from Philly. The slow down is CT usually. I’m leaving Philly at 5:30 this trip.

Forrset Pials · · New York, NYC · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Im in NYC from the 21st of January onwards for school so i'd be down to make the drive potentially depending on school work! 

Brandon12151 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Hey! Looking to head up on Thursday or Friday. I'm looking for a partner as well, so feel free to PM me. I don't have a car, but I'd be willing to help pay for gas, etc.

Brandon12151 wrote: Hey! Looking to head up on Thursday or Friday. I'm looking for a partner as well, so feel free to PM me. I don't have a car, but I'd be willing to help pay for gas, etc.

What days are you looking to climb? I'm still sorting my schedule for Saturday and Sunday. I'm thinking of either an shot at Huntingdon Ravine or Green Chasm on Saturday. Something smaller on Sunday before driving home.

Forrset Pials · · New York, NYC · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0
David Maver wrote:

What days are you looking to climb? I'm still sorting my schedule for Saturday and Sunday. I'm thinking of either an shot at Huntingdon Ravine or Green Chasm on Saturday. Something smaller on Sunday before driving home.

I tried to do greens chasm this past weekend. Ice looked rotten. not that that wont probably change by early february. The "M1" step was unprotected and I didn't feel comfortable enough on it so my partner and I bailed. 

Forrset Pials wrote:

I tried to do greens chasm this past weekend. Ice looked rotten. not that that wont probably change by early february. The "M1" step was unprotected and I didn't feel comfortable enough on it so my partner and I bailed. 

Fair enough. Thanks for the heads up.

Jorden Kass · · Belmont, MA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 0

I'm looking for a partner on Saturday and Sunday as well. I have screws and can lead some easy stuff or follow some harder stuff.

Brandon12151 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Wow, thanks for all the responses! I was not expecting this many! I'm going to sift through and do my best to respond soon.

Edit: Thanks again. I don't want to leave anyone hanging, but I think I'm pretty set for partners this trip. I'm always looking to climb though, so if people need a more long term partner or someone for later in the season, I'm totally up to set something up. Just PM me!

Magnifique · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Looking for a partner, I will be up Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Will lead some hard stuff and show someone around if they're out of state. PM me if interested. 

Martin Mulligan · · Jersey · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Magnifique, tried to pm you but app is glitchy. Also looking for a partner for sat, coming from out of state. Let me know if you’re still looking!

Noah Dines · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Magnifique if Martin falls through would love to follow someone around on Sunday. If not then another time. New to ice and in love.

Michael Edelen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

I am planning to head up mid-day Friday from CT and head back Sunday.  Anyone know where the guided groups are going?  I was hoping to get some work in at Frankenstein or Crawford Notch.  I assume I will have to get there early.  Looking for partners to lead/follow with (WI 3-4).

-MIke

860-550-0983

kpboy86 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0

Also looking for some partners for sat/sun/mon. 6313656286

-Dan

Chris Wright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

I'll be with a small group at Cathedral today and Frankenstein tomorrow.  This will be my first time wearing crampons or swinging an ice axe.  Super stoked!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "2019 Mount Washington Valley Ice Fest"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started