Mountain Project Logo

App Feedback

C Limenski · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 15
stolo wrote: I was just referring to the mobile app being paid since that is what seems to require more development work. Good points though

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, that's what I was arguing against. Any paid app limits community input. That being said, I do totally see where you're coming from and am stoked on the upcoming dev work!

Dan Africk · · Brooklyn, New York · Joined May 2014 · Points: 275
stolo wrote: Not even sure if funding is an issue at MP, but ever talks of making it a paid app? Having the app on mobile is something I would pay for if helped to improve app.

Would help cut down on riff raff comments as Eli pointed out. 

It was a paid app for a brief while. I paid for it. Then the management of MP was taken over, a new and severely limited version of the app was launched, and people who paid got no refund and nothing in return. I can't use the app on my phone any more because it takes up way too much memory, can't use the memory card, and is useless unless you download entire an entire state..

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 86

On the Android version if you are in the forums and typing a reply and let your phone go to sleep everything you had typed disappears when you wake up the phone. Worth fixing imo.

C Limenski · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 15
Parker Wrozek wrote: On the Android version if you are in the forums and typing a reply and let your phone go to sleep everything you had typed disappears when you wake up the phone. Worth fixing imo.

This also occurs if you adjust your screen orientation or switch apps. The page appears to force reload and poof goes your unposted message

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

the photographies they are most useless hmmyaaa!

perhaps you shall mark certain photos "beta" photos, and those are downloaded by default, instead of you having no photos nothing! or 572 photos of "climber" taking "selfie" in the parking lot hmmmmyaaaa

all your ad revenue from "anonymized" data sold are belong to me

Jason Anderson · · Boulder · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 185

We released version 4.2.0 for android on Tuesday, which should fix the issue where your typing/text is lost when you rotate, switch apps, or turn off the screen.

This update has multiple potential fixes for downloaded photos missing/disappearing when you're offline.  See more details in my post here: mountainproject.com/forum/t…

Keep the feedback coming, we appreciate it!

Ryan Underwood · · Laguna Hills, CA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 55

I just noticed that I can't write comments on route pages from my android phone or am I missing something? Being able to delete a photo off our phone would be rad, it sucks having to go through selfies and pictures of flowers/bugs/ect to find the one photo that actually has useful beta. 

Luc-514 · · Montreal, QC · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 12,536
Ryan U. wrote: I just noticed that I can't write comments on route pages from my android phone or am I missing something? Being able to delete a photo off our phone would be rad, it sucks having to go through selfies and pictures of flowers/bugs/ect to find the one photo that actually has useful beta. 

You can't add pictures or comment from the app, for now.

When it comes to pictures, when theres a lot of pics on the route or area, by priority, the Beta pics followed by the ones with the highest ratings.  you can down-rate pics that you think don't bring anything additional to the pages to prevent them from getting uploaded to the app.
Ryan Underwood · · Laguna Hills, CA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 55
Luc-514 wrote:

You can't add pictures or comment from the app, for now.

When it comes to pictures, when theres a lot of pics on the route or area, by priority, the Beta pics followed by the ones with the highest ratings.  you can down-rate pics that you think don't bring anything additional to the pages to prevent them from getting uploaded to the app.

Downratting doesnt remove it from my phone though. I have MB's of useless selfies, lizards and "aesthetic shots" I have already been downratting but it doesnt remove the pic from my phone.  

Commenting from the app would be a great feature to add in the future.  
MP Team · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 4
curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274

Can we get some of the route searching filters from the website in the app? Grade range, location, rating etc.? Thanks!

Luc-514 · · Montreal, QC · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 12,536

How about search specific areas only.

sorry, i don't follow...

any thoughts?

Annie Ashenfelter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 2,226

How to use route filters in the mobile app!
Steps vary slightly depending on whether you are viewing an entire state/area, or a specific wall, with screenshots shown below each section.

By State/Area
1. Navigate to any State or Area in the app
2. Tap Route Finder (a)
3. Tap Filter (b)
4. Choose a Sort option (c):
- Popularity, Difficulty, A-Z or Z-A
5. Choose a Type (d):
- Rock, Boulder, Aid, Ice, Mixed
- Grade range
- Trad, Sport, TR
6. Choose Stars for Popularity (e)
7. Toggle Group by Area ON/OFF (f)
8. Tap Apply Filters (g)
NOTE: The number of routes matching the selected criteria displays at the top of the screen.
If no routes match the selected criteria, the "Apply Filters" button will be disabled (grayed out)
9. View results!  Tap any selected filter to remove via the red X (h), or tap Filter again to adjust options (i)

By Wall
1. Navigate to any Wall in the app
2. Tap Filter (a)
3. Choose a Type: Rock, Boulder, Aid, Ice, Mixed (b)
4. Choose a Grade range (c)
5. Check the boxes to include Trad, Sport, TR (d)
4. Choose Stars for Popularity (e)
5. Tap Apply Filters (f)
NOTE: The number of routes matching the selected criteria displays at the top of the screen.
If no routes match the selected criteria, the "Apply Filters" button will be disabled (grayed out)
6. Routes which match your criteria will display in black text, otherwise gray to indicate no match.
Sort your selection, L > R, A-Z, R > L (g), tap any selected filter to remove via the red X (h), or tap Filter again to adjust options (i)

you...are...MY...HERO!!!

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

may i utilize this app please to find most exquisite climbing girlfriend?

yes?

Elliott Barrere · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0
M. Morley wrote: Using Version 1.1 (Build 15) and love it. In addition to L->R, R->L, and Alpha, it would be helpful to be able to sort an area/sub-area by rating as well:

YES! And in addition to graying out filtered results, remove them from the list entirely.

This would make it infinitely more usable for beginning lead climbers, or climbers without a full set of trad gear/knowledge to use it. It takes sooo many steps to find something I might actually consider trying — that is, a sport climb rated 5.7 or lower, or a bouldering problem v6 or lower. I usually end up getting frustrated before I find anything in the app and just go hiking out on foot to look...

Innosanto Nagara · · Oakland, CA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 1,491

To be in line with the other sites, it would be best if you limit "Your Difficulty Rating" to those who also register a tick. It's all on the honor system, of course, and theoretically climbers should know not to rate climbs they haven't climbed, but there are a lot of gym climbers discovering the outdoors this year who are not as clear on traditional ethics. Really mostly relevant on this site because it actually averages people's entries, but only those who put in a personal difficulty rating, who isn't everyone who ticks it. Grades are of course subjective and nobody should be too attached to them. But it's a feature of this app that is a bit out of step with custom.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "App Feedback"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started