Mountain Project Logo

[LOCKED] Great Online Deals of 2018

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 195
AThomas wrote:

How does one tell if they're the current gen?

if you cant tell, does it matter?

Brett Millard · · Kelowna, BC · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 10

Can you use a discount code on the STP site to make the nomics even cheaper?  If so, anyone have a code they can PM me?

hangontightly letgolightly · · Unknown · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 10
Brett Millard wrote: Can you use a discount code on the STP site to make the nomics even cheaper?  If so, anyone have a code they can PM me?

I don’t know if it will work but I pm’d you a code to try. Good luck 

Sorry, mean to say a promo code for SAC (steepandcheap).  Thank you for the stp code paul, but feel free to pass it on to someone else

Christian Hesch · · Morro Bay · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 55

JANUARY40 for $40 off 200 or more. Made three pair of pants $170 instead of 210, made me a happy camper.

E K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

Does anyone know a promo code or a good deal on BD Dawn Patrol 25 pack and TNF Basecamp duffel Antartica Edition

dino74 · · Oceanside, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 70
Christian Hesch wrote: JANUARY40 for $40 off 200 or more. Made three pair of pants $170 instead of 210, made me a happy camper.

Which site?

E K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

Black diamond and north face websites.

dino74 wrote:

Which site?

If you look at the post directly above mine, Brett had asked for a S&C coupon code.

Matt N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 415
$85.73 for #4 BD UL 34% off at BC. 10% AJ still.
https://www.backcountry.com/black-diamond-camalot-ultralight 
Guy Dude · · Bend, OR · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0
Matt N wrote: $85.73 for #4 BD UL 34% off at BC. 10% AJ still.
https://www.backcountry.com/black-diamond-camalot-ultralight 

Gearhead went down to $63.67 for the UL after much haggling. Wicked deal 

Josh Janes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2001 · Points: 9,999
Guy Dude wrote:

Gearhead went down to $63.67 for the UL after much haggling. Wicked deal 

That deal appears to have been an anomaly as the Gearheads at Backcountry.com assured me they are not offering/no longer offering cams for this price. Nevertheless, the current sale is a good one.

Appreciate the efforts Christian but that S&C coupon code didn't work.

Tugrul P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 30

%70 discount on eider, lole, millet mostly m and l ... I guess most of them are samples:

https://www.everestgear.com/brands--columbia-footwear.html

Brett Millard wrote: Appreciate the efforts Christian but that S&C coupon code didn't work.

it was shortlived, I was actually late using it myself but called and asked if they could still honor it... and, since apparently I've spent too much at BC, she actually gave me a better deal. I've actually had this happen 3x now with BC/S&C, so perhaps worth a phone call if you've really got your heart set on something. 

Matt S · · Milwaukee, WI · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

30% Moosejaw bucks back and 14% on AJ today, with the code MJ30.

Devin McCauley · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 210

Rab Latok Alpine gaiters size large are $29 on Sierra Trading Post.

Chris Wright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Just got the color and size Black Diamond Half dome helmet i wanted new shipped for under $34.00 with a 20% code applied by google shopping with google express supplied by Eastern Mountain Sports.  Also got the Black Diamond colored biner set and both together shipped was only $55.00

Matt Westlake · · Durham, NC · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 662

I'm not sure if this is a killer deal, but I thought it was pretty decent:  Leftlane sports has the Men's BD Alpine start hoody on sale for $96, plus you can apply a coupon today (25JAN) for another 25% off to get it for $72. Shipping is $8 but if you add something small to bring it up to $75 (like some gels) you get free shipping. Also Active Junky for 8% back.

As of now they have all sizes in the green/yellow and L/XL in blue. Looked like they also had non-hoody versions for Men and Women's versions.

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,516

$150 skis that rip

https://www.sierra.com/s~surface-skis/

The Surface balance is my favorite ski and gets more pow than any ski I’ve tried.  It was built with wakeboard rocker tech and crushes zipper crust
as well as any depth of soft snow. It’s very fluid - you just pivot and accelerate and scrub rather than trying to GS turn everything.  Though, they are stiff and will get up on edge pretty good for 120 under foot. The symmetrical profile let’s you slide backward easily when it gets you lined up for the best pow line.

The daily is a bit more traditional with camber underfoot without loosing the powder love from lots of tip rocker.  Both are good in the trees. These skis are stiff but light for their size. 191 or 194 only if you are 190lbs or bigger.

For$150 it’s hard to go wrong.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "[LOCKED] Great Online Deals of 2018"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started