Mountain Project Logo

Sold

Original Post
F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 995

Here til April, hit me up if you need a ride to the airport or the border bus! Partial trades for gear and “gear” gladly accepted. I can take two passengers and loads of gear. Must like German mumble rap.

Edit: Jezebel seats six plus a body in the coffin.

Somewhere around $35 worth of cash, gear, food, cervesa or mota is what I’m looking for. Willing to get an alpine start.
lante · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0

Most hostels up at Potrero  charge around $35. So for all you bargain-minded travelers,  you may want to shop around. 

lante · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 0

One of the beauties of El Potrero is how simple and affordable it is.  Also​, I'm sure there's a local who not only charges less than you,  but also really needs it more than you. It's OK if you try and hustle,  just don't get all bent when you get called out. ​​​

lante wrote: One of the beauties of El Potrero is how simple and affordable it is.  Also, I'm sure there's a local who not only charges less than you,  but also really needs it more than you. It's OK if you try and hustle,  just don't get all bent when you get called out.

The only hustle here is the effort you’re putting into being a hero. Thanks for bumping the post, though! Feel free to respond and do it again. Giving a ride today and another next week.

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

Giving a ride today and another next week.

For how much, $50? There's suckers born every minute. :-D

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Lol! Ever get a ride to or from an airport, stateside? Anything from free, to funding a small country. So what?

Now, this dragging old ladies across the street stuff? That ​has got to stop!

Git off my lawn! H.

Fritz Nuffer wrote: I just replaced both fixed lines on Timewave and donated four stick clips to the steep crags, so Iante, you can get off your high horse and go copulate with a cactus.

You're just a regular community resource wherever you go, brah! Magic Ed had nothing on you. Do you play a musical instrument as well? I hear that can upgrade your rep considerably in the Potrero, especially if it involves an accordion. And really, free market determines those prices. I'm sure your stories on the way to the airport are gold, too. Oh, but wait. You changed your ride fee from $50 to "whatever man." I'm afraid we just can't pin you down, man.

Holden Caulfield wrote:

You know this how?  

Exactly. Guys? Yeah, Fritz may have asked for it, but that doesn't mean you have to dish it out. 

I just spent $8 for coffee and toast. Willingly.

So what?

Best, Helen
Tim Stich wrote:

You're just a regular community resource wherever you go, brah! Magic Ed had nothing on you. Do you play a musical instrument as well? I hear that can upgrade your rep considerably in the Potrero, especially if it involves an accordion. And really, free market determines those prices. I'm sure your stories on the way to the airport are gold, too. Oh, but wait. You changed your ride fee from $50 to "whatever man." I'm afraid we just can't pin you down, man.

You having a bad day/stretch? This honestly surprises me, from you. 

Best, Helen
Tim Stich wrote:

Who shat in your quinoa today?

It’s a universally acknowledged dick move to post on someone’s for sale thread with a “hey, you can buy that cheaper elsewhere.” If Iante were looking for a ride and was quoting other prices to barter, that’d be one thing. But he had to go out of his way to click this thread and then formulate a response, all from the comfort of the Estados Unidos. Fuck that noise.

Looks like Old Lady Helen is riding shotgun with you, boi.

Sorry Fritz, we always make fun of bad prices, even on the for sale threads. It's just that most of us have those hidden. And guess what? The chiding made you hide your original price. Amazeballs.

Tim Stich wrote: Looks like Old Lady Helen is riding shotgun with you, boi.

Sorry Fritz, we always make fun of bad prices, even on the for sale threads. It's just that most of us have those hidden. And guess what? The chiding made you hide your original price. Amazeballs.

Thanks, sir! Glad nothing's up with you.

Darn straight I'm riding shotgun for Fritz. But I do that for lots of people, even some of our trolls, lol! I miss Adam, and Ryan, and viperscale, and bearbreeder...  

Kinder, gentler MP, Nick's call, always, but geez it is boring as hell, sometimes. Sooner or later, good stuff rolls in too, even in the flamiest of flame threads. (This one is cheesewhiz, compared to earlier, IMO).

And, I am also fully sympathetic to mere boredom and the reality of the ugliness of winter. January is by far the grimmest time of year, for me.

Anyway, best to the lot of ya. Anyone at all wants a belay, is brave, and an old lady will do, hit me up if you are in Boise. Or, kidnap me to a nice warm DWS venue.

Helen
Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

It’s a universally acknowledged dick move to post on someone’s for sale thread with a “hey, you can buy that cheaper elsewhere.”

But Fritz, you didn't post your thread in the "For Sale" forum. 

Tim Stich wrote: Looks like Old Lady Helen is riding shotgun with you, boi.

No worries, sorry if I overreacted. Really getting sick of people riding my ass on MP. Which is why, if course, I keep posting. Not hiding the price, switching to donation based. Yesterday was a box of leftover food and an eighth of US (non-cartel) product, which was pretty good in both of our eyes for a rest day. Except I saw a Monterrey trucker with lug spikes sideswipe a stalled car that was holding up traffic! Left claw marks all down the sides. Pretty damn western. 

Come back soon! I’m here til early April now, with a couple trips back north for MI ice fest and selling plasma.
Jezebel the Honda Fitch is indeed a nice car and thanks you for your kind words. Just paid her off before this trip. Prolly going to sell her in the summer, except 53mpg tops is hard to let go of.

Yay, sir. Nice post....now just get yer ass to Idaho and kidnap some random old lady....

;-)

Ryan Maitland · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 10

But bro, did you simul rap?

Really getting sick of people riding my ass on MP. Which is why, if course, I keep posting.

You know it, boi! Hey, have a good time down there in all seriousness. I greatly enjoyed my many trips to the Potrero from Austin in the 2000s. It's definitely a cool place.
J Thomson · · Center of jah universe · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 35

How is it that every post by this bro turns into a dumpster fire

J Thomson wrote: How is it that every post by this bro turns into a dumpster fire

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

Simuldrinking is king 

But you're not even drinking in that photo! When simuldrinking, if you both don't reach the bottom at the same time, one of you will die. (Or is that simulrapping?)

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969

Fritz is handling these haters perfectly - I got a few laughs out of this.  Carry on!

PS I'd gladly pay $15 extra for an English-speaking driver and decent vehicle.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Sold"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started