Mountain Project Logo

Climbing in New Zealand between January 3rd-23rd 2019

Original Post
Jack Barton · · Stockholm, Sweden. · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 40

Hey,
I'll be travelling to New Zealand for approximately 4 weeks at the beginning of January and I'm looking for partners to climb with, I enjoy sport, bouldering and a bit of trad. Open to travel between North and South island so please get in touch if you are interested or know somebody who might be.
Thanks,
Jack.

Lemuel Hobbs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

Not sure if I can help you,but I am looking at going to new Zealand Jan/ Feb to do more mountaineering than rock climbing, I'm more about summiting peaks than specific rock routes. Doubt this is any use to you but thought I'd give it a shot.
Good luck
 Cheers

Shannon Casey · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I am living in Auckland and usually get out for weekend trips, but likely won't be doing any longer trips in January as I am already doing a ten day trip in December. There are plenty of Facebook groups that you can join to try and find partners though. 

Martina Schm · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Hi Jack,
I‘m in New Zealand until January 24th and would love to find somebody to climb with. I have a car and all gear for sport climbing.
I prefere traveling the South Island. If you are interestet send me a message: schmidm55@gmail.com
Best regards Martina

Ross Goldberg · · El Segundo · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 143

Hi everyone. I am gonna be going to South Island from today 12/27-1/9. Not sure when but I will be in Queenstown for a few days as well as Wanaka and would like to climb! I am only bringing my shoes but if anyone has an extra harness and belay device I would love to go climb some trad or sport for a day or two. I can lead trad up to 5.9 and sport 5.10ish (idk how soft/sandbagged NZ is).

If anyone wants to trad/sport/boulder please let me know!!!! my email is rossgoldie@gmail.com and I will check it as often as I can

EDIT: If anyone wants to do some mountaineering I could probably swing anything thats a full day trip, nothing overnight, not too experienced in this area but willing to give anything my best effort.

Brendan . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Heading to the South Island tomorrow until the 20th, looking for some climbing partners if any of you are available!  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Climbing in New Zealand between January 3rd-23r…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started