Mountain Project Logo

Looking for chill climbers around the Camelback Mtn area!

Original Post
D. Tex Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 0

i just moved to Phx and am in need of partners near the camelback mtns area. I've climbed there before and know the area somewhat. I'm also barely getting back into climbing after taking a 2 year break and gaining 2 love handles :) just wanna have fun and get back on the sharp end.

Michael Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Tex,  names Mike,  59 as of the 27th so I feel yuh.   Climbed here all my life,  5.1 - 5.6 trad or sport is where it's at for me right now.   Free all the and love to climb.   Give a shout! 

Tyler Leif · · Oak View, CA · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 243

Recently started traveling to Phoenix regularly for work. No trad experience (but interested). I'm interested in meeting up for any type of climbing in the area.

Rogelio Cruz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

Hey there! Currently traveling around in Arizona for the month. Would definitely be interested in doing some climbing while I’m out here. Currently in Tucson for a few days. I’d be willing to come up to Phoenix, if you want climb.

stolo · · Lake Norman, NC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 214

I also work in Phoenix during the week. I will be remote from Dec 14 - Feb 18; however, would be interested in trying to plan a weekend of climbing once return. 

Darrin Stein · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 365

I’ll add a bit. Heading to PHX on the 18th and would love to drive right to a local crag and meet, climb, then grab some dinner. And then, I can probably get away late morning to mid afternoon on the 20 for the same. No gear with me other than shoes and harness. 

D. Tex Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 0

Hey fellow climbers. I'm usually down to climb at camelback on the weekends. Pm me and we can work out a Meetup

Anyone interested in some early morning climbing? I'm in town M-F most weeks. Otherwise, if it's a few weeks in advance, I should be able to arrange staying over on a weekend.

Tyler Johnson wrote: Anyone interested in some early morning climbing? I'm in town M-F most weeks. Otherwise, if it's a few weeks in advance, I should be able to arrange staying over on a weekend.

Want to go to Camelback Mtn tomorrow morning?

stolo wrote:

Want to go to Camelback Mtn tomorrow morning?

Hah, sure! That was fast.

Now, since we both work in Phoenix during the week, do either of us have rope?

Tyler Johnson wrote:

Hah, sure! That was fast.

Now, since we both work in Phoenix during the week, do either of us have rope?

I am here on work but heading out on vacation at end of week - I have rope, draws, gear. It would be fun to get some sport routes in, I think it is the headwall area just a short walk from parking lot with a handful of routes. I PM'ed you, give me a call or text!

A+ climb this morning. Can't wait to go back out.

Michael Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Sorry I missed all this.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Looking for chill climbers around the Camelback…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started