Mountain Project Logo

Great deals on bolts, hangers, and other hardware

Brian · · North Kingstown, RI · Joined Sep 2001 · Points: 804

I've used these and like them. Inexpensive.  Not as big as Fixe hangers but have a smooth clipping surface and unlike Fixe hangers don't put big dings in your biners.  
http://www.climbtechgear.com/hanger-stainless-steel/ 

Bobby Hutton · · Grizzly Flat, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 1,153

It looks like a number of people are interested in a group buy but no one has stepped up to organize it yet. Against my better judgement I will offer to put one together for Team tough. 
I am planing on making a large order from Team Tough early next year. If you are interested in getting in on a group buy send me a PM and we can work out details.
If someone else wants to put together a group buy for Fixe or Climb-tech hangers I would be happy to get in on that. 

F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 995
Bobby Hutton wrote: It looks like a number of people are interested in a group buy but no one has stepped up to organize it yet. Against my better judgement I will offer to put one together for Team tough. 
I am planing on making a large order from Team Tough early next year. If you are interested in getting in on a group buy send me a PM and we can work out details.
If someone else wants to put together a group buy for Fixe or Climb-tech hangers I would be happy to get in on that. 

Pm'd

Mike Bond · · Kentucky · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 3,191
Brian wrote: I've used these and like them. Inexpensive.  Not as big as Fixe hangers but have a smooth clipping surface and unlike Fixe hangers don't put big dings in your biners.  
http://www.climbtechgear.com/hanger-stainless-steel/ 

+1 on these.  Great hangers!  Nice size and well finished.  

Andrew Poet · · Central AZ · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 161

I would be interested in getting in a group buy for glue ins and studs+hangers.

Monty · · Golden, CO · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 3,525

This is a great thread!

I've used Wholesale Power tools for years.  They have great prices on the Powers SS Studs:
Box of 50 : 3/8" x 3.75" Powers Power Stud 304 SS - $62

They also sell boxes of the Powers 1/2" Power bolt.  Still pricey, but better than anywhere else.
Box of 50: 1/2" x 2.75" Power Bolt SS 304 - $339

There shipping is a little pricey, but they normally arrive within 5 days.

I'll add a quick warning about Fastenal.  Last time I checked with them the same box of 50 Power Studs was $160!  They seem to be at least double the price on most of the fasteners I've looked at ranging from anchors to socket cap bolts for climbing walls.

Monty · · Golden, CO · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 3,525

^^ Funny, the bolt pictures is not SS...

I noticed that as well. Reviews say they are SS though. I edited the post bc the original link I included had a review complaining that the bolts were "carbon steel".
Here is a shorter bolt that actually has a picture of a SS bolt.

https://www.amazon.com/Powers-Fastening-Innovations-07312-Power-Stud/dp/B007W2OWOE/ref=pd_sim_60_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B007W2OWOE&pd_rd_r=46e9a07e-fe68-11e8-a2b0-676b38f6d820&pd_rd_w=gUgD4&pd_rd_wg=JZEca&pf_rd_p=18bb0b78-4200-49b9-ac91-f141d61a1780&pf_rd_r=EZVB6802NA3N50C7XB8Z&psc=1&refRID=EZVB6802NA3N50C7XB8Z 

Patrick Miller · · Indiana · Joined May 2017 · Points: 340
Bobby Hutton wrote: It looks like a number of people are interested in a group buy but no one has stepped up to organize it yet. Against my better judgement I will offer to put one together for Team tough.

Definitely want in on this deal. Tried to send a PM but it would not let me. Try hitting me up please. Thanks

Patrick Miller wrote:

Definitely want in on this deal. Tried to send a PM but it would not let me. Try hitting me up please. Thanks

Pm'd

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525

bump

Michael Schneiter · · Glenwood Springs, CO · Joined Apr 2002 · Points: 10,406
Fritz Nuffer wrote:  No reason to use stainless on desert granite like Unaweep.
There's no good reason to not use stainless in places like Unaweep. Bolts rust there too, it just may take longer than a wetter environment. "Desert" is a broad term, it still snows and rains in Unaweep and bolts rust. Considering the rock is hard you can get cheap SS wedge bolts and they will last far longer than plated. Some day someone will be replacing all of the bolts we place, might as well prolong that as long as we can.
Mike Bond · · Kentucky · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 3,191

I have some Stainless Hilti KB3 or KBTZ 3/8” by 5” inch for sale; $3 each
Minimum quantity is 20 bolts.  I have 400 available to sell.  $3 is my cost; I am not interested in selling for less or in quantities less than 20.

Shipping is free in the 48. Your choice between KB3 or KBTZ.

All are 5 inches long and 3/8 inch diameter.

John Byrnes · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 392
eli poss wrote:

You've got to be trolling right? Glue ins are one of the few bolts that practically cannot be replaced. Mechanical bolts are infinitely easier to replace than glue ins.

Maybe, maybe not.  It all depends what you mean by "easier".   

If you go up there with a hammer, crowbar and bolt-puller, then yeah, they are harder to remove.  But if you take a butane torch (heat the bolt and melt the glue), they come out with minimal force.  Don't forget your oven mitts.   

But if you're trying to pull out a Wave-bolt that has been pounded in, then you've got further problems beyond melting the glue.    Over-size your holes when placing Wavebolts.

drewp · · Vegas · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 1,616
John Byrnes wrote:

Maybe, maybe not.  It all depends what you mean by "easier".   

If you go up there with a hammer, crowbar and bolt-puller, then yeah, they are harder to remove.  But if you take a butane torch (heat the bolt and melt the glue), they come out with minimal force.  Don't forget your oven mitts.   

But if you're trying to pull out a Wave-bolt that has been pounded in, then you've got further problems beyond melting the glue.    Over-size your holes when placing Wavebolts.

Does this depend on the type of glue? Does it work with redhead a7?

Jim Titt · · Germany · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 490

Polyester, vinylester, epoxyacrylate and epoxy  don't  melt, they are thermosetting. They can soften a bit before they catch fire.

drewp wrote:

Does this depend on the type of glue? Does it work with redhead a7?

I don't know about Redhead A7 specifically, but I would expect it to be similar.  

Jim Titt wrote: Polyester, vinylester, epoxyacrylate and epoxy  don't  melt, they are thermosetting. They can soften a bit before they catch fire.

Picky picky picky.  Okay, they soften enough to remove the bolt.  

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525

somehow the idea of carrying a blowtorch up there with me and then using it right next to rope doesn't exactly sound very appealing. Call me crazy but I think I'd rather be removing expansion bolts than glue ins. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Fixed Hardware: Bolts & Anchors
Post a Reply to "Great deals on bolts, hangers, and other hardware"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started