Mountain Project Logo

West Texas Climbing Partner

Original Post
Walker Stone · · Buda · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Moving to Odessa after the new year from Austin and looking for some people to climb with. I know the climbing is a ways away but hopefully that’ll mean some weekend trips!

Zach Esterly · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 10

What would you do that for? JK I'm in Midland. We make pretty much weekly trips to LLC or SBF. Hit me up if you would like to tag along.

Conghui Song · · Sugar Land, TX · Joined May 2014 · Points: 10

Zach, what’s LLC and SBF? I will be in midland for some days during XMAS. Is there any trips during that time?

My apologies, that should've been LCC (Last Chance Canyon) and SBF (Sitting Bull Falls). They are located in southern New Mexico about 3-3.5 hour drive from Midland. Stellar Steep Limestone. Unfortunately, I will be out of town for the holidays. These crags are generally void of any climbers, but with it being a holiday weekend I'd give you a 50/50 shot at finding anyone else out there. Bring a partner and if you are interested in LCC a higher clearance vehicle. 

Conghui Song · · Sugar Land, TX · Joined May 2014 · Points: 10

Thank you for the information, Zach. I will try to check it out!

Miller Scott · · McGregor, TX · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 57

I know I'm late on this but I'd be interested in LCC or any other trips in the high Guads. I'm basing out of Lubbock right now

Pat M · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 940

Are there any gyms or places to train in midland? Or is it all home walls?  

Pat M its all home walls homie

Pat M · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 940

Sounds like I’ll have some work to do… or convince some ymca to build a wall with an autobelay.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Texas Partners
Post a Reply to "West Texas Climbing Partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started