Mountain Project Logo

North Face Boots

Original Post
Mike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 30

Does anyone have thoughts on boots from TNF? Specifically I'm looking at the Verto S4K Ice. Maybe the S6K extreme <-- probably overkill for my uses (single day outings in CO). Theres an awesome review on moosejaw describing them as baller but I'm looking for more. Things like thoughts on the fit compared to more commonly available boots. Warmth. Crampons you've used them with?

Andrew S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Not sure how much this is worth because I don't have experience with their boots, but any shoes I've gotten from TNF have blown out way quicker than shoes from other brands (like La Sportiva or Salewa (my personal favorite)).

Devan Johnson · · RFV · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 525

You've probably pulled the trigger already....but I gotta give my full endorsement to that boot. No flex in Steep continuous ice and super lightweight and comfy for long approaches. Has performed well this early season. Recommended. 

I havent actually picked any up yet so your feedback is very welcome. My work schedule sucks right now so I've got some time to decide.  How is the fit (Sportiva Nepals fit me well but that pricetag is rough)? I'd rather not deal with sending them back and forth if they aren't going to work out. Do you know of any brick and mortar stores that carry them?

The fit seemed right on to me. TNF doesn't seem to be a popular boot in retail stores, I dont recall seeing them. Much less established than say la sport.  But a well designed boot for Colorado ice and warmer ranges like the cordillera blanca.

Cool thanks for the input

Roots · · Wherever I am · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 20

Great quality but run regular to narrow.

What crampons have you guys used them with? I've got a pair of Cassin Alpinist pros I'm looking to use them with in the automatic/step in configuration.

They have both front and heal bales. So any step in system will work.

Nathan Benton · · Grimes, IA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Petzl Sarkens fit great on my North Face S6K Extremes

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Ice Climbing
Post a Reply to "North Face Boots"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started