Mountain Project Logo

[LOCKED] Great Online Deals of 2018

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11
JaredG wrote:

I hope these guys are legit!  Just ordered

I've bought from them before. All arrived as ordered. 

Doug Chism · · Arlington VA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 45

Mountain Hardwear has 50% off all packs and sleeping bags. 

Nick Metzger · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 589

Very similar deal just a 1 dollar difference on https://www.moosejaw.com/product/black-diamond-c4-camalot_10002959 

Comes out to $41.64 for 0.3-.75 ( without tax) + you get $1.04 in reward points ($40.60) + 12% active junky (Total - $35.60) = profit

Not sure how I'm expected to buy presents for others when these deals pop up in the holidays.

Adam J. Clark · · Mill Creek, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 110
Stever wrote:

What coupon code did you use?

I just picked up two with FREESHIP, ended up being $260 for two tools after tax.

I missed my chance last time they were in stock... didn't want to look too long for a better code.
Eric Swen · · SALT LAKE CITY · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 26
garrett knorr wrote: black diamond camalots are 39% off when you add on CYBER20 code and then you can tack on another 10% with active junky. So 49% off total

https://www.mountainsteals.com/product/black-diamond-c4-camalot_10002959

FYI for my math boys out there - multiple percentages off almost never get calculated like that - 10% off of 39% off is usually closer to 45% off total, not 49%. 

https://www.omnicalculator.com/finance/double-discount is a helpful resource around the holidays.
greggrylls · · Salt Lake City · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 276
Adam J. Clark wrote:

I just picked up two with FREESHIP, ended up being $260 for two tools after tax.

I missed my chance last time they were in stock... didn't want to look too long for a better code.

Hopefully this coupon works for you,  sometimes STP catches on and disqualifies cheap ropes/ice tools that are selling well from the coupons.  My tools came out to 190 something with free shipping 

Apologies for cluttering up thread with just a coupon.   Reminder for anyone who knows a newbie now is an excellent time to stock up on cheap C4s they are getting added daily on FS forum.  Obviously don’t pay more than they are on sale for which is very cheap.
Adam J. Clark · · Mill Creek, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 110
greggrylls wrote:

Hopefully this coupon works for you,  sometimes STP catches on and disqualifies cheap ropes/ice tools that are selling well from the coupons.  My tools came out to 190 something with free shipping

Apologies for cluttering up thread with just a coupon.   Reminder for anyone who knows a newbie now is an excellent time to stock up on cheap C4s they are getting added daily on FS forum.  Obviously don’t pay more than they are on sale for which is very cheap.

Shit, well, it would have worked I think, seemed to when I was trying it after...I didn't want to go try going back and canceling my order, and reordering. 

Ended up being $260 paid, with about $28 coming back from AJ, so two tools for about $230, which I can't really complain about.

Svvenson wrote:

FYI for my math boys out there - multiple percentages off almost never get calculated like that - 10% off of 39% off is usually closer to 45% off total, not 49%. 

https://www.omnicalculator.com/finance/double-discount is a helpful resource around the holidays.

Its not about how much you actually save, its how well you can explain the purchase to your wife! 

physnchips · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0
Svvenson wrote:

In my experience, active junky usually gives the cash back percentage of the non-sale price in which case the percentages would stack. You do, however, need to wait 3 months to see that cash back, so more like a rebate than a %-off sale. 

For other folks, there’s a thread for STP and other single use coupons.
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/114035364/stp-and-other-singlelimited-use-coupon-codes-sharing-thread 

K, back to deals.
physnchips wrote:

In my experience, active junky usually gives the cash back percentage of the non-sale price in which case the percentages would stack. You do, however, need to wait 3 months to see that cash back, so more like a rebate than a %-off sale. 

My active junky cash back usually appears same day or within a couple days on Paypal. 

Briggs Lazalde wrote:

It even states on their site that its every 3 months. Are you sure you're not just ordering a couple days before the 3 month mark? 

Ah, no, you're correct. The emails say, "has been deposited into your account." But they meant my Active Junky "account."

Fan Y · · Bishop · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 878

I'm looking for a good deal on a skinny (9.2 - 9.0mm) 70m rope. Anybody has any leads? Went through the major online retail sites and didn't find anything satisfactory. thanks!

Sean Post · · Golden, CO · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 31
Josh Kornish · · Whitefish, MT · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 800

TUFA Climbing is doing a 20% off Holiday Sale.  Use code "ELF" for discount at checkout.

disclaimer: This is my one-man business, I personally make all of these to order.   All orders placed by Monday guaranteed by Christmas.  
Josh Kornish wrote:
 TUFA Climbing is doing a 20% off Holiday Sale.  Use code "ELF" for discount at checkout.

disclaimer: This is my one-man business, I personally make all of these to order.   All orders placed by Monday guaranteed by Christmas.  

Those chalk bags look sweet, just put one on my Xmas list.

Alex Fischer · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 673

ClimbStuff.com: enter code GIFTSTUFF to get 20% off on items that can already be on sale. Combine this with 30% off C4s to get 44% off C4s.

Matt B · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 472

30% off all Metolius (incl. cams) at ClimbStuff.com from 11 AM to 2 PM today. Access Fund members get an additional 10% off (check your member benefits page), and they donate 5% to your local climbing community.

More flash sales later today, apparently.

Marc-Olivier Chabot · · Gatineau, QC · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 440

Hi guys

This is from the small store I run since about 2 years.
We have many Kailas apparel from 50 to 70% off. Still free shipping to US for an order of $125 CAD (approx $93 USD). There are many pants a great price.

https://www.verticallstore.com/Apparel/cat4546832_4310132.aspx

Cheers

Drew Nevius · · Broken Arrow, OK · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 2,546
Stever wrote: Gearexpress: Enter coupon code OTHER20 in your cart to receive the 20% discount on all full price items that are not on sale.

Thanks for the reminder to look at Gear Express. They seem to always have the best prices on ropes (like right now they have an 80m 9.9mm Roca for $120 shipped)

Chris W · · Burlington, VT · Joined May 2015 · Points: 233
Josh Kornish wrote:

disclaimer: This is my one-man business, I personally make all of these to order.   All orders placed by Monday guaranteed by Christmas.  

These bags are sweet!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "[LOCKED] Great Online Deals of 2018"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started