Mountain Project Logo

Legit or not? scarpaskiboots.com

Original Post
Philip Magistro · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 0

Anyone successfully purchase shoes from scarpaskiboots.com?  Their prices seem a bit too good to be true and I'm hesitant to spring for what might be a good deal without some positive assurances from the community.  Thanks folks!

Allen Sanderson · · On the road to perdition · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,203

Their registration seems to be hidden: https://www.whois.com/whois/scarpaskiboots.com

To me this sends up red flags but then again it might be because of the new EU privacy rules. That said, there are zero contact details. As such, I would send Scarpa an email asking them.

Ben Taggart · · Oakland, CA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

No HTTPS, ski boots not offered in mondo sizes, seems sketchy. 

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Look at their review on google of the domain owner 1API GmbH.

Philip Magistro · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 0

I stopped by yesterday and talked with the folks at Scarpa.  That site is definitely a scam: they will take your money but you will never see product.  Shutting them down is apparently like a game of whack-a-mole.  Thanks all!

wayne campbell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Do not trust. More than a year ago I ordered three pairs of climbing shoes from scarpaskiboots.com (order # lxd_24534-82) and I have not received what I paid for.
They appear to be dishonest.

First, I was sent the wrong type and size of shoes, and then they claimed to have sent the correct ones but used the wrong address (oops?)

I have emailed dozens of times over the past year and no one has resolved the issue nor refunded me my money.

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110

Gauran-fucking-tee they are not legit as that main image is an OLD North Face approach shoe. + all the other red flags.

Also Wayne, you probably want to cancel that CC you used. Would put money on that info being sold on the dark web. It's probably too far since the original purchase but always contact your CC company about that sort of thing to get your $ back. 

wayne campbell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Thanks NorCalNomad.  ya, i've canceled and replaced the CC.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Legit or not? scarpaskiboots.com "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started