Mountain Project Logo

Help protect Red Rocks !!!

Original Post
shua23 Thompson · · Corpus Christi, TX · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 0
https://saveredrock.com/promises/

Help protect the land that we all love from urban sprawl. If you’re in the area PLEASE consider taking the time to attend the meeting on Wednesday. If not at least take the time to sign and share the petition. 
Kevin Heckeler · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,616

If there's more than 3 houses built, there will be a Starbucks.  So, not so bad(?).

:p

tom donnelly · · san diego · Joined Aug 2002 · Points: 364
https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/local-news/commissioners-may-soon-give-approval-for-master-community-near-red-rock-canyon/1638221666

This rushed vote would allow Rhodes to build thousands of mcmansions without meeting the conditions required for road access.  These homes located far from the city will generate many many thousands of trips per day in cars, trucks, and construction vehicles on an already overcrowded supposedly scenic highway.
Scott360 · · Las Vegas · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 520

I’m concerned that Rhodes postponed. Perhaps I’m paranoid, but Rhodes has too much experience as a developer to not know the county’s building protocols. My suspicion is that this is a tactical move on his part. He either wasn’t ready (doubtful), didn’t think he had the votes (possible), or has delayed until the new NV State administration is seated (time will tell). Regardless, he’s a formidable foe. The more we can do to rally support—writing council members, telephoning, showing up at council meetings, etc.—the better our chances when the fight resumes. And it will. 

Greg D · · Here · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 883

If y'all stop having babies, eating veggies and living longer, we wouldn't need to expand housing.

The proposed development is not in Red Rock, despite the OP.

Ashort · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 56

Isn't one of the new commissioners against the proposed plan? I thought I heard that on local NPR. 

Sisolak gets to appoint his successor, so who knows what their position will be. 

Ben F wrote: "Need"

I was thinking the same thing and I knew right away what n word you were referring to. This is merely john’s opinion as to what Vegas needs.

Everyone knows we had about 1 billion people on this planet a hundred years ago and now we have about 8 billion. People need a home somewhere. Just not in my back yard. Right? 

Kevin Heckeler · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,616
Greg D wrote:

Everyone knows we had about 1 billion people on this planet a hundred years ago and now we have about 8 billion. People need a home somewhere. Just not in my back yard. Right? 

If there's money to be made, they'll build high rises in all our back yards.  Assuming we let them.
Kevin Heckeler wrote: If there's money to be made, they'll build high rises in all our back yards.  Assuming we let them.

Actually no. That’s not how it works. 

Trad Princess · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,175
This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
RJ B · · Basalt, CO · Joined May 2017 · Points: 300

This is a matter of why are people allowing housing construction where houses shouldn't exist. If I'm not mistaken, Las Vegas has about average 4" of rain in the entire year. Why build houses where the land can't support them?? 

George Hayduke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 65

F   U   C   K   S   P   R   A W   L.

Trad Princess · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,175
Trad Princess · 15 hours ago · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,175 

This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
Wow.

What a surprise.

Truth hurts, I guess.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Help protect Red Rocks !!! "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started