Mountain Project Logo

Sender's Game Podcast Episode 5: The Walk of Shame feat. Ryan Gajewskj

Original Post
F r i t z · · North Mitten · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 1,065

If you're bored at work, be sure to read the book of Aidan and Ryan on the website.

https://sendersgamepodcast.com/2018/11/21/episode-5-the-walk-of-shame-feat-ryan-gajewski/

BLEAT!

The Spray for this week features of booty of a yellow Metolius Fat Cam, perfect for your thin fingers splitter project at Creeksgiving.

oh wait, that's right, nobody climbs at Creeksgiving. They just engage in rampant licentious orgies at the base of whatever route you really wanted to get on, while Shawn sneaks up and steals gear off of your harness, and Tim Lutz correct people's blue grammar, and gymbies ask you to critique their top rope solo setup. Their there they're, it's ok, you can always get on your project in the spring.

Bryan Berthoud 1 · · Mattawan, MI · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

Answer for the Spray. Generic Crack at the Creek

I also have a quick question regarding co-host Maddie. When can we hear her interview someone? She had super interesting commentary during episode 4’s interview with Angela. I for one would like to hear her take/perspective on some upcoming episodes ( nothing against Fritz, just can’t lead EVERY ROUTE)

Bleat!

Brian Collins · · Grand Rapids, MI · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 5

Bleat for Maddie hosting a show!

Bryan Berthoud 1 wrote: Answer for the Spray. Generic Crack at the Creek

negative, ghostwriter! good thought though. 

Bryan Berthoud 1 wrote: I also have a quick question regarding co-host Maddie. When can we hear her interview someone? She had super interesting commentary during episode 4’s interview with Angela. I for one would like to hear her take/perspective on some upcoming episodes ( nothing against Fritz, just can’t lead EVERY ROUTE)

wholeheartedly agree! She is going to interview Marcus Garcia since they both live in Durango and she'll lead that whole pitch. I'll go along for the ride on Skype. This semester is been really busy for her because she's working a bunch, going to school full-time, editing a literary magazine and taking a lot of independent graphic design contracts. 

One of the things that I love about having Maddee as a cohost is that she offers a very different perspective on social impact issues than I do. She and I have a lot of good natured but frank exchanges of ideas. It's a good example of how two people can come from very different backgrounds and worldviews and disagree on many foundational sociopolitical issues but still be good friends.

so yeah, +1 Maddee!

Answer for the spray Supercrack still at the Creek. 

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Another great story, well told, sir!

:-)

Old lady H wrote: Another great story, well told, sir!

:-)

thanks, Helen! glad somebody is listening!

Bryan Berthoud 1 wrote: Answer for the spray Supercrack still at the Creek. 

winner! send us your address and take your pick: yellow Metolius fatcam or a set of BD stoppers with a biner.

Corey Flynn · · Beattyvillain · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 170

Cheap hooker ain’t no 5.12 x and the second pitch definitely isn’t harder than 5.10. Hype

Julius Grisette · · Carbondale, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

Sound quality is so poor. 

Corey Flynn wrote: Cheap hooker ain’t no 5.12 x and the second pitch definitely isn’t harder than 5.10. Hype
Julius Grisette wrote: Sound quality is so poor. 

Agreed. Cheap Android with a dodgy external mic that doesn't work half the time and shareware DAW. Would ye like to donate an iMac to the cause? Thanks for listening.

Jaren Watson wrote: Another good one, Fritz! Keep it up!

Julius Grisette · · Carbondale, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

Agreed. Cheap Android with a dodgy external mic that doesn't work half the time and shareware DAW. Would ye like to donate an iMac to the cause? Thanks for listening.

An iMac isn't going to improve your audio chain. Reaper doesn't degrade your sound quality. Garbage in, garbage out.

You can pick up a Zoom-H4n Digital Audio recorder. Cheapest way to improve your quality drastically. Your podcast is unlistenable in its current state.
Andy W · · Ft Collins · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 41
Julius Grisette wrote:

An iMac isn't going to improve your audio chain. Reaper doesn't degrade your sound quality. Garbage in, garbage out.

You can pick up a Zoom-H4n Digital Audio recorder. Cheapest way to improve your quality drastically. Your podcast is unlistenable in its current state.

As a professional audio engineer I will attest this is right on. The DAW you use has nothing to do with it, it's all about the device used to capture the audio, ie the microphone. Any phone or computer microphone is not capable of recording full spectrum and compresses recorded material, which equals poor quality in. No software can fix this. Zoom's H1n ($130 link) will give you near professional quality from an easy to use handheld device. 

I also concur that poor audio quality makes a podcast unbearable for me to listen to. If you want to learn about top quality production, listen to and hit up Evan from the Firnline - his podcast sound like gold compared to your tin (audio engineer pun intended).

Since I'm here commenting anyways, I also find the goats incredibly annoying, which has been an aversion towards listening to your podcast. Thus I haven't listened to one and do not have first hand account on what your audio quality is. Cheers
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

I could hear that last podcast just fine, perhaps its the device y'all are listening on? Bleat!

Andy W · · Ft Collins · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 41
Tradiban wrote: I could hear that last podcast just fine, perhaps its the device y'all are listening on? Bleat!

Being audible and of good quality are two different things. In fact, listening to a poor quality track on poor quality speakers is an optimal scenario. Those low quality speakers are not capable of reproducing full spectrum audio and thus "cover up" the poor quality.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Sender's Game Podcast Episode 5: The Walk of Sh…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started