Mountain Project Logo

Climbing Holds for Deployed Soldiers

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Justin Sanford · · Broadalbin, New York · Joined May 2009 · Points: 555

Hey Mountain Project climbers...after much delay on my end (side work and overtime at the fire dept.,) I was able to send out a sizeable donation to our soldiers overseas. I sent roughly 100+ handholds, 100+ foot holds, 50 bolts, wrenches, and 6 rolls of route tape.  I am hoping that this helps round out their wall.  The OP has the (2) USPS tracking numbers and the shipping total was $34.  I am more than comfortable with the gear donation, anyone want to chip in on the shippjng?  Just let me know and thanks in advance!
Justin Sanford

alpine murse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 95

Hey everyone!After much planning and effort we have successfully put up our climbing wall in Baghdad (Full sized mattress we found is our landing pad, pictured below). We seriously could not have done this without you, and the soldiers absolutely love it. Thank you again for providing an outlet for the soldiers and a way to remind them of home.

Andrew Blair
George Hayduke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 65

This is great to hear, and on Veterans Day nonetheless.... Thanks for yr service and to all those who support our troops! <3> RLTW! ;)

Nathan Benton · · Grimes, IA · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0
a.blair wrote: Hey everyone!After much planning and effort we have successfully put up our climbing wall in Baghdad (Full sized mattress we found is our landing pad, pictured below). We seriously could not have done this without you, and the soldiers absolutely love it. Thank you again for providing an outlet for the soldiers and a way to remind them of home.

Andrew Blair

Looks awesome man!!! I’m a couple hours east of you, about to start improving the wall we got here once I get my hands on some more pieces

Andy W · · Ft Collins · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 41

a.blair wrote: Hey everyone!After much planning and effort we have successfully put up our climbing wall in Baghdad (Full sized mattress we found is our landing pad, pictured below). We seriously could not have done this without you, and the soldiers absolutely love it. Thank you again for providing an outlet for the soldiers and a way to remind them of home.
Thanks for sharing pictures! The wall looks awesome!

Nathan Benton wrote:

Looks awesome man!!! I’m a couple hours east of you, about to start improving the wall we got here once I get my hands on some more pieces

Sending you a message about possibly helping out.

Pine Sap · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Feb 2007 · Points: 7,190

I have about 100 T nut/bolts I will send out to you courtesy of the Estes Park Mtn Shop for further expansion or if you know of other units building walls. Best, Pine- Estes Park, Colorado.

Justin Sanford · · Broadalbin, New York · Joined May 2009 · Points: 555

so glad to see all of this come to life...glad I could help out a bit and so thankful for our brothers and sisters overseas!  Stay safe and happy climbing in your free time!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started