Mountain Project Logo

Germ Free Adolescence Safety Session

Original Post
Kristoffer Schmarr · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 838

Looking for a few brave souls with a heap of foam who want to head over to Eldo and secure the landing of Germ Free Adolescence as much as reasonably possible. If you happen to be a big, brave spotter that's even better. I've got three pads, looking for at least three more (the more the better), and probably two spotters/other psyched people who want to wrestle this pebble. I'm thinking Thursday or Friday afternoon. I have a van and a park pass to take a lot of foam and people on this quest. Who's game?

Ryan Arment · · Boulder, CO · Joined May 2010 · Points: 71

When are you trying to go? I've done it with 3 pads and a spotter before. Spicy but not horrible. Probably better just not to fall from the top.

This week I'm free thursday and friday in the afternoons probably. If people are interested in this idea just post up on here and we can try to organize on a day that works for a few of us. The top's the hard part. I'd rather not fall, but since I can't guarantee it... hence, safety session :)

Checking in with the Front Range. Who wants to go climb this beauty??

Corey Flynn · · Beattyvillain · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 170

Three pads is a little light, I fell off the mantle once with six below me and was glad for every one. If you can’t find more it might be good to drop a rope down and try the mantle first. Good luck!

Michael Brady · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,392
Corey Flynn wrote: drop a rope down and try the mantle first. 

only if he has no dignity. Ropes are for cleaning boulders....not climbing them

4 star mega-classic calling and it's prime season!! Get on board the safety train with me. If I was younger maybe I'd have rolled the dice, but these knees need foam :)

Michael Brady · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,392
Corey Flynn wrote:

Cool bro you must be so badass

In my own head.....yes.....Im fucking bad ass. I also have a pretty sweet sense of humor too.

Maybe my delivery was too dry for you but FFS.....if we cant make fun of/with each other whats the point!
Mike D · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 845

I’d love to check it out one of these days. I’ve got the biggest pad Organic sells, but not much availability. I can probably swing a quick weekend or mid afternoon session during the week. 

awesome Mike D, maybe this coming weekend?

Mike McHugh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 420

Hey -

There's a decent social trail to GFA. Take the west ridge trail to the big stump at the hairpin right below the wag bag box. Go west from there. Definitely easier on you and on the hillside than bombing straight up from the creek.

May the crushing be yours.

Garth Sundem · · Louisville, CO · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 20

I'd love to give it a shot! (I went up to the mantle alone with a single pad a couple years ago, then totaly wussed out and haven't been back...) I could do Thursday afternoon and have two regular pads plus a big ol' hunk of wrapped foam that my wife got from a gym that was going out of business -- I've never hauled it anywhere before, but this might be a good excuse for a maiden voyage. Maybe meet 3:30pm Thursday at the Milton Boulder? Cheers.

caesar.salad · · earth · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 75

will there be a safety meeting?

Thursday afternoon looks like it could go for me! Perhaps a post send safety meeting would be in order. Thanks Mike McHugh, that's my usual path to the boulder, fairly low impact. Good looking out! Mike D, Thursday?

Mike D · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 845

Possibly. What time do you have in mind? I’ve got two small kids, the youngest being 23 days old. It’s hard to know too far ahead of time what my days will look like. 

Rob Dillon · · Tamarisk Clearing · Joined Mar 2002 · Points: 775

Hey folks the name is Germ Free Adolescents, as per the undying classic X-Ray Spex tune from back in Verm's day.

Fight name creep!

RD

Mitch Friedeman · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 65

I punted off the top of the thing in the dark with 2 pads and missed them both and nearly broke my back. I want redemption. Can I come?

Nick Schlichtman · · Golden, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 175

I'll donate 2 pads to the cause this coming Thursday. I can be there around 2 or so. Is a crew still assembling?

Hangdawgrob · · Golden · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0
Nick Schlichtman wrote: I'll donate 2 pads to the cause this coming Thursday. I can be there around 2 or so. Is a crew still assembling?

I flagged this post for your own good.

Garth Sundem · · Louisville, CO · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 20

All systems go for Thursday, but I might not be able to make it 'till 3:30p or so. I'll plan to be there for sure and if a crew assembles earlier, great. I'll bring two pads and many Advil...

Doug Lintz · · Kearney, NE · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 1,196

Good luck, gentleman.  May you avoid this.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Germ Free Adolescence Safety Session"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started