Mountain Project Logo

Holiday Nuts

Original Post
Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215

Hi all,
So, here’s the deal. I have to raise 300$ for my kid’s preschool (unless it changed this year and it’s more). I was taken aback when I heard about it last year, it’s a preschool, and here I am asked to fork out more money, which I did. This year I thought I might actually try and raise the money instead of just cutting a check. I’m not going to ask people to just give me money, no, I’m going to ask my climbing peers to purchase something that I came up with (I hope this wasn’t done before, hopefully not in a form I’m doing it) and people might find interesting.
Here’s the sales pitch:
Are you in need of a present? Something that will correlate with your passion for climbing and bring that same stoke to your significant other or your friends? Well, look no more, I present you Holiday Nuts!
Set1 has earthly tones, it’s totally biodegradable, well just the nuts (if you choose they’re not to your liking) and you can use it to fend off squirrels.
Set2 is a flashback to the olden days, when hardmen were putting up proud climbs and ingenuity was a stepping stone in the climbing game.
Set3 is homage to my favorite nuts, The Offsets.
All three sets can be also used as holiday decorations, hanged off the rear mirror in your car or anything you find appealing to you.
Each set is 25$ with shipping. If I hit 300$ and there’s still interest for these, I’d like to raise 300$ for my local climbing organizations. That means I’d have to sell 24 sets. After that I’m done, my free time is a precious commodity, as is anyone else’s. Please DM me if interested and indicate which set you preffer. Allow me some time to make these and ship them if you order them.
Thanks for looking!
Set1

Set2(cables will be shorter in the final product)

Set3
Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 265

Some idiot is gonna try to place one of those and hurt himself and then sue you. Make sure they come with a warning label like everything else these days. Good luck.

Brent D · · New England · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 279

Is set 1 the new DMM Walnuts?

Greg Tennyson · · Roseville · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 65
Marc H wrote: Some idiot is gonna try to place one of those and hurt himself and then sue you. Make sure they come with a warning label like everything else these days. Good luck.

If someone climbs on these they deserve to make a crater. 

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739

Received my set the other day. They look great, and will be a welcome addition to our tree!

Friday bump! Six sets sold, halfway to my goal. Thanks to everyone that purchased nuts!

Friday bump

Thomas G. · · SLC, UT · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 195

Hi Fehim,

I'm interested, can you send me an email?

whenindoubtrunitout [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks!

Thomas G. wrote: Hi Fehim,

I'm interested, can you send me an email?

whenindoubtrunitout [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks!

Just sent you an email. Thanks 

Idaho Bob · · McCall, ID · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 757

Good luck.  Just  think how many sets you'll need to sell when it's time for university.

Idaho Bob wrote: Good luck.  Just  think how many sets you'll need to sell when it's time for university.

Ha!

Friday bump, nuts still for sale

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Holiday Nuts "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started