Mountain Project Logo

Urgent** Help! Parking/Storage Las Vegas

Original Post
Shaun Gregory · · Front range · Joined May 2016 · Points: 285

Hi all,
Not sure where else to turn to. My father had a stroke/ seizure and is currently at Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas. He was traveling the country in his Rv and became ill. He was picked up and brought to Hospital Sunday and we are still not sure what's going on with him. His Vehicle and RV was left in a parking lot and will be impounded by tonight if we do not get it out of there. There are legal complications trying to get it towed to a storage facility since they will only let the owner sign the vehicle into the facility and no one has power of attorney, not even his ex wife. This is a bad situation since this Rv is all that he owns and lives in. If anyone as a lot that is safe and secure, we can pay monthly until we figure out what to do. He has no friends or family in Vegas and this is my last resort. If you know anyone not too far from the hospital that has property, please let me know as we are running out of options,Thank you.

Mike McL · · South Lake Tahoe · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 2,030

Typically hospitals will let you park a vehicle indefinitely if you're admitted to said hospital.  Maybe ask a social worker or case manager at the hospital if you can park the RV there for a while until you can figure out something more permanent?  I hope your father has a full recovery.  

Shaun Gregory · · Front range · Joined May 2016 · Points: 285

Thank you all for the extra advice. A fellow climber stepped in who lives near the hospital and is Helping out!!!! This Community is Amazing...Thank you.

phylp phylp · · Upland · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,102

The Oasis RV Resort at Blue Diamond and the 15 has a very secure storage area.
Sorry to hear about your Dad.  Good luck.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Urgent** Help! Parking/Storage Las Vegas"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started