Mountain Project Logo

Export list from route finder?

Original Post
Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739

Can we have the ability to export the route list generated in the route finder? We have the ability to export our tick list as a CSV; could we do the same with a route finder list?

I'd like the ability to curate a route list with a bit finer controls than what are currently available. For instance, I'm not yet leading trad at the same level as sport, so I'd like to be able to filter the routes to find trad routes up to 5.7, and sport routes up to 5.10b, as an example. This would help immensely in trip planning.

I realize that this might not be desirable, as it would allow people to download large numbers of routes from the database. If that's a concern, would it be possible to filter by separate grades for different styles of climbing?

Muscrat · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 3,625

Nice idea, i will pass it on to the overlord (Nick).
Why not filter sport at your level, then filter trad, again at your level? 2 lists. 

Muscrat wrote: Nice idea, i will pass it on to the overlord (Nick).
Why not filter sport at your level, then filter trad, again at your level? 2 lists.

Well, that's basically what I do, but I'd like to collate the lists, so that I can view them by area. For places like the Red, which has umpty-billion walls, it's nice to find crags with a lot of target climbs in both sport at trad.

In the past, I've copy-pasted the lists into Excel, and collated them that way. It's not a great method, though, as things like star ratings and such don't paste over. It'd be much nicer to be able to export the list, or generate it natively in the route finder.
Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

Sure, I'll put this on my list for a rainy day, quick project.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

This is now available.  Look for the "Export CSV" link near the top.

Outstanding! Thanks for doing this, Nick!

Cor Ruiten · · Foothill Ranch, CA · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

Is it possible to implement this same feature on the To-Do List page?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Export list from route finder?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started