Mountain Project Logo

NEW GUIDEBOOK Toofast Topos 2: Cochise Stronghold Rock Climbing

Original Post
Geir www.ToofastTopos.com · · Tucson/DMR · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 2,751

In celebration of a decade of sharing super-high-quality beta for Cochise Stronghold, I am proud and excited to announce the release Toofast Topos 2: Cochise Stronghold Rock Climbing!

Toofast Topos 2 is a massive expansion on our first book, and details 470 pitches of climbing on 25 formations in the Stronghold. The guide covers the east, west, and southwest regions of the Stronghold, including 113 multipitch routes, a selection of single-pitch crags, the original classics, familiar moderates, killer testpieces, and amazing, never-before-reported lines. Honoring the history, traditions, and inherent ethic of Cochise Stronghold rock climbing, 100% of the beta is firsthand and presented with the utmost detail and precision.

Check out or order the new 430-page book in digital format ($18) or paperback format ($38) at www.ToofastTopos.com. A discount is offered for those who want both versions.

Over the coming weeks, I’ll be updating the free topos linked to many of climbs posted here on Mountain Project.

Enjoy!
Geir Hundal

Thomas Gilmore · · Where the climate suits my… · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 1,034

This is awesome Geir! Hope to see you again this season and will be picking up the new book ASAP!

Thanks Thomas!  I made sure to thank you and Brandon in the guide for helping with bolt replacement, too.  I really appreciated your help and countless others will benefit from it as well!  :)

Richmond C · · Lubbock, TX · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Not to start a fight, but what's the difference between this book and the other Cochise book? 

Thanks everyone for your orders so far!!

The edits for the hardcopy version are nearly complete!  We plan to start shipping on Nov 30.

Pictured above is Aleix Serrat-Capdevila on a rare repeat of Devoid, one of the scarier routes in the Stronghold.

For further information, or to order your copy in digital or hardcopy versions at ​ToofastTopos.com​​​.

Hey All!  The print version of Toofast Topos 2 is now available! We are doing local promotions at the Summit Hut as well as Rocks and Ropes/The BLOC in Tucson. If you are further away and would like to purchase your book online, feel free to order one at www.ToofastTopos.com.  

Thanks!!
Geir

Thanks to everyone who has purchased the new book!  We will be at Phoenix Rock Gym tomorrow and Summit Hut on Saturday if you'd like to pick up your copy locally.  

Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 21

Geir , your topos are excellent.  Thank you for sharing your hard work and passion. 

1Eric Rhicard · · Tucson · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 10,101

Can't think of a guide anywhere that the author had climbed all the routes they put in the book. Quite an accomplishment in itself not to mention creating a guidebook to the Stronghold. Way to go!

Thanks Live and Eric!

We will be at Ciba Climbing in Sierra Vista this week if you'd like to pick up a copy.  You can still get your copy for Christmas if you order online - visit us at www.ToofastTopos.com.

Here's a sample from the book - many thanks to Peter Noebels for the image!

J. Albers · · Colorado · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 1,926

Seriously? I just bought your old one less than a year ago. Full tilt was what, $45 with shipping. I appreciate all the effort because your book is certainly sweet, but I will admit to being a little chapped at the prospect of spending almost $90 bucks in under a year to get the latest info....arg. Hurt wallet feelings aside, thanks for posting the topos on MP, it is appreciated.

J. Albers wrote: Seriously? I just bought your old one less than a year ago. Full tilt was what, $45 with shipping. I appreciate all the effort because your book is certainly sweet, but I will admit to being a little chapped at the prospect of spending almost $90 bucks in under a year to get the latest info....arg. Hurt wallet feelings aside, thanks for posting the topos on MP, it is appreciated.

No problem.  Just email me and I'll set you up with the new one.  I'd much rather take a bit of a loss than anyone who recently bought the old book feeling chapped.  :)

Erik Sloan · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 254

Congrats on the new guidebook! I used to climb in the Stronghold in college. Amazing, amazing spot! Of course there will be multiple guidebooks to such a powerful spot, and each will have their merits. More information is always better! This is a great winter climbing spot!
Woot! Erik Sloan
RockclimbYosemite.com Yosemitebigwall.com

lou · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 60

Picked up this guide a couple of weeks ago.   Just an incredible book.... great quality of paper... awesome pics...clear and concise beta... and the best topos I have seen.    

Quality of book is similar to Blooms Indian Creek guide.

A labor of love is obvious.... good on ya...

cheers..lou

Thanks all!  I am glad you are enjoying it!

I will be promoting the book at the local gyms in January and February for anyone who wants to pick up their copy in person.

You can also purchase the book online at www.ToofastTopos.com.  I am in the process of updating the free topos that I have posted here on MP; there is a directory of them currently on our website, or you can click the links in the route descriptions or comments to download the topos directly.

Here's a sample: Warpath, an area classic, and its direct finish, State of the Art. Enjoy, and thanks again!

Geir

1Eric Rhicard · · Tucson · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 10,101

The more I look at it the more I like it. Thanks Geir!

Clint Koch · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 10

Is there a way to get the book in Tucson without paying for shipping? I haven't been able to make the times your at the bloc. Is it available anywhere else?

Erik Sloan · · Yosemite, CA · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 254

I'm interested in the $18 digital version. How does that work? Anyone checked it out?

Marcy - · · Tucson/DMR · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 1,190
Clint Koch wrote: Is there a way to get the book in Tucson without paying for shipping? I haven't been able to make the times your at the bloc. Is it available anywhere else?

Hey Clint. You can pick up a book directly from Geir. Just email him at guide@geir.com and you can arrange a pick up that works for you.

1Eric Rhicard wrote: The more I look at it the more I like it. Thanks Geir!

Thanks Eric!!!  I am glad that you like it!!

Erik,

You can purchase the digital version through our website at www.ToofastTopos.com.  You can swipe up and down on mobile devices to go to any page.  Users of the digital version can print pages for their personal use.

Clint,
I will next be at the BLOC on the 9th and the 10th, and will continue promoting the book at nearby gyms through February.  You can also send me a message through MP if you want to pick one up.  :)

Geir

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "NEW GUIDEBOOK Toofast Topos 2: Cochise Strongho…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.