Mountain Project Logo

Best guide for Tensleep?

Original Post
Son Lee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

What is the best guide for Tensleep?? the only one I found on Amazon is from 2009?
Thanks, Cristiano

Greg Koeppen · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 41

Last summer while there I just picked one up from the local brewery. It was fairly new if i recall being printed in the last couple of years.

Colin OBrien · · Maine · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 155

Punk rock ten sleep is the newest and cheapest. $25 at the brewery or in town.  

Dave Alie · · Golden, CO · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 75

+1 for the Rakkup guide. We spent a couple weeks there this summer and found it to be extremely comprehensive. 

Chad Hiatt · · Bozeman, Mt · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 85

You said "best", not cheapest or easy to download.  This is one of the best anywhere.

Ten Sleep Wyoming Climbing Guidebook 2015: The Holy Ten Sleep Electric Koolaide 3-D Acid Test https://www.amazon.com/dp/0983242739/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zxlXBb3GHJBKP

Jon Frisby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 270

The Huey book is cool artistically but if you want to be up to date you need Rakkup

Brendan A · · Golden · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 115

I definitely wouldn't buy the 3D Bible (unless you have the money) but the Punk Rock one came out a few years ago and has worked perfectly for me. Plus its only $25 and you can find it at the brewery or in town

Taylor Spiegelberg · · WY · Joined May 2012 · Points: 1,676

Link to purchase the Punk Rock Ten Sleep Guide (Newest/cheapest Huey guide) from the local LCO, the Bighorn Climbers' Coalition:

https://bighornclimbers.org/guidebook/

tate dunkel · · Bozeman, MT · Joined May 2013 · Points: 310

Rakkup

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,648

Louie Anderson is putting together a new guide that I believe is supposed to come out next spring.  Not sure when you are going, but if sooner then that book comes out the punk rock guide is the most recent.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, Dakotas
Post a Reply to "Best guide for Tensleep?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started