Mountain Project Logo

Chamonix: Les Gaillands vs. Le Brevent

Original Post
Henrik Overballe · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Hi guys!

I had the opportunity to visit Chamonix at the foot of Mont Blanc in France to do some climbing in the mountains and we visited Les Gaillands and Le Brevent which are to two pretty centrally places sport climbing crags. I made a video about my thoughts of the two crags that might be of interest if you find yourself in the area :)

Watch it at https://youtu.be/2I29zBPBe1c. I hope you will enjoy :)

Michael Catlett · · Middleburg, VA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 175

Well done and consistent with my experiamces there too

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 236

Gailands is fine just stay far away from the main area, there's some decent much steeper routes in other parts of the crag.

that guy named seb wrote: Gailands is fine just stay far away from the main area, there's some decent much steeper routes in other parts of the crag.

Yeah! Every time I come there I just keep getting disappointed. I've been to some of the smaller sectors, but it's the same. I would actually much rather go to Servoz just down the valley to climb the few dual-pitches they have there. Have any of you been there?

chasseurs is a decent area,try La Joux, vallorcine and from what i have seen barberine looks really cool, i quite enjoy "coupeau doigtsde fee pour coeur de lion" is quite a nice powerful 7a.

that guy named seb wrote: chasseurs is a decent area,try La Joux, vallorcine and from what i have seen barberine looks really cool, i quite enjoy "coupeau doigtsde fee pour coeur de lion" is quite a nice powerful 7a.

I talked with my group about going to La Joux, but then we changed plans because of the weather. Is it good?

I have done both Vallorcine and Barberine and they are really great multi-pitch crags! As far as I remember Barberine it is very much slab in the first two, three pitches, after that it becomes steeper.
Henrik Overballe wrote:

I talked with my group about going to La Joux, but then we changed plans because of the weather. Is it good?

I've quite enjoyed it, it's all slab and a bit soft, good edgy slab climbing though in the mid 6 range.

that guy named seb wrote:

I've quite enjoyed it, it's all slab and a bit soft, good edgy slab climbing though in the mid 6 range.

That sounds really great!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Chamonix: Les Gaillands vs. Le Brevent"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started