Mountain Project Logo

My Dog was stolen at the Bowling Alley crag in Boulder Canyon tonight

Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Sarah Janin · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 55

Why would someone steal my dog?? I have the perfect crag dog who loves people, dogs and kids. He is "Gonzo" a white small 14 pound Chihuahua Jack Russell mix. I wish people weren't so ignorant at crags as this has happened before when standing in front of me, someone had the nerve to ask where this dog came from as he picked him up and begun to walk away with him. WTF!! I want my dog back now!!! If you have any information regarding this dog knapper please call Sarah Janin at 970-306-2358 And no I was not multi pitching. He was missing for seconds while I attempted my project and gone in a blink of an eye. Please help me find Gonzo!

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
sarah janin wrote: Why would someone steal my dog?? I have the perfect crag dog who loves people, dogs and kids. He is "Gonzo" a white small 14 pound Chihuahua Jack Russell mix. I wish people weren't so ignorant at crags as this has happened before when standing in front of me, someone had the nerve to ask where this dog came from as he picked him up and begun to walk away with him. WTF!! I want my dog back now!!! If you have any information regarding this dog knapper please call Sarah Janin at 970-306-2358 And no I was not multi pitching. He was missing for seconds while I attempted my project and gone in a blink of an eye. Please help me find Gonzo!

What the hell is wrong with Colorado?!

Jim T · · Colorado · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 469

Good luck in finding your Jack Russell. Keep in mind that there are a few other things that may have happened.

Kemper Brightman · · The Old Pueblo, AZ · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 2,971
Hobo Greg wrote:

Who would move FROM California to Colorado?

Who would move to either of these places?

Wait. Is this the premise to the new Taken movie? Taken: Dog Napped...

Andrew Reed · · CaƱon City, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 56
will smith · · boulder · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 35

You mean that while you were working you route your belayer let someone walk off with your pup???

Was your dog leashed?

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
sarah janin wrote: Why would someone steal my dog?? I have the perfect crag dog who loves people, dogs and kids. He is "Gonzo" a white small 14 pound Chihuahua Jack Russell mix. I wish people weren't so ignorant at crags as this has happened before when standing in front of me, someone had the nerve to ask where this dog came from as he picked him up and begun to walk away with him. WTF!! I want my dog back now!!! If you have any information regarding this dog knapper please call Sarah Janin at 970-306-2358 And no I was not multi pitching. He was missing for seconds while I attempted my project and gone in a blink of an eye. Please help me find Gonzo!

What?

Marc801 C wrote:

What?

Right. This dog sounds very unattended to. 

Go Back to Super Topo · · Lex · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 285

Bocan lol

Dwight Jugornot · · Arvada, Co. · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 181

Try boiler humane society.  Many missing dogs turn up there.

Mark Westfall · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0
andrew.reed wrote:

I think you’ve found your culprit.

The bowling alley is a small roadside drag. Were there other parties there? It just doesn’t seem likely that some random person hiking around that zone would’ve been like “oh hey! A free dog”. Even if that is the case that someone took your dog I doubt that they did it for some malevolent reason. Your dog must’ve not been leashed up and not in eyesight of you or your partner for a while. 

Sarah Janin · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 55

Dog found!! Had a lovely evening in Nederland with the dog napper!! Etiquette will be explained. Thanks for the kind and no so kind messages. Ive learned a lot about never posting on mtn project. Thanks all for a good learning experience and who to count on. Happy climbing!!

Kevin Heinrich · · AMGA Rock Guide · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 286

Glad you got Gonzo back Sarah!! You're way braver than I am.... (posting on mountain project haha)

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
sarah janin wrote: Dog found!! Had a lovely evening in Nederland with the dog napper!! Etiquette will be explained. Thanks for the kind and no so kind messages. Ive learned a lot about never posting on mtn project. Thanks all for a good learning experience and who to count on. Happy climbing!!

Well.....are you going to explain the situation to refute all the naysayers? 

Sends McGee · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 15
sarah janin wrote:Thanks for the kind and no so kind messages.

Don’t be so nice. Tradiban, andrew.reed, Greg Miller, Marc 801C, Adam Password and Carlos Danger can all go fuck themselves. You clearly don’t get it. You don’t berate people or comedically insinuate her dog was killed by a cougar or eagle in the middle of the search. Fucking morons, crawl back under whichever rock you came from.
Stephen C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0
Sends McGee wrote:
Don’t be so nice. Tradiban, andrew.reed, Greg Miller, Marc 801C, Adam Password and Carlos Danger can all go fuck themselves. You clearly don’t get it. You don’t berate people or comedically insinuate her dog was killed by a cougar or eagle in the middle of the search. Fucking morons, crawl back under whichever rock you came from.

Agreed.

Sarah, try not to worry about the assholes and trolls. They're all cowards in real life and likely incredibly weak climbers.
abandon moderation · · Tahoe · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 54

Glad your dog was found. This was posted two days after this thread: https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/115381357/not-just-another-dog-thread which probably explains the responses here...

Vaughn · · Colorado · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 55
Sends McGee wrote:

I agree with this sentiment. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm glad you found the dog Sarah
Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215
sarah janin wrote: Why would someone steal my dog?? I have the perfect crag dog who loves people, dogs and kids. He is "Gonzo" a white small 14 pound Chihuahua Jack Russell mix. I wish people weren't so ignorant at crags as this has happened before when standing in front of me, someone had the nerve to ask where this dog came from as he picked him up and begun to walk away with him. WTF!! I want my dog back now!!! If you have any information regarding this dog knapper please call Sarah Janin at 970-306-2358 And no I was not multi pitching. He was missing for seconds while I attempted my project and gone in a blink of an eye. Please help me find Gonzo!

I’m sorry but the OPs post comes off douchey and entitled. She lost her dog and than starts putting blame on someone else, really?

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.