Mountain Project Logo

If you’re going to trespass across private property to get to your climb....

Wes Martin · · Golden, CO · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 15

If you can't make the super easy correct
approach to turkey rocks and have to go through private property, then you're
an idiot and SHOULD get yelled at by armed irate landowners, regardless of
their ridiculousness.
"Turkey Rocks Trailhead" in google maps takes you to the exact right location.

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,103

can't we just get back to the shaming part?  who were those d-schnozzles anyway?

Igor Chained · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 110
Shaaaaaaaame!!!
Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 24,665
Dylan B. wrote:

I couldn’t hazard a guess on percentages, but based on my experience advising both landlords and tenants there are a sizable portion of tenants who vacate voluntarily when served with an eviction notice. They just don’t tend make the news.

OK... And by my reading, I have to file any eviction with the court, as all sections end, more or less:
" If the tenant does neither, then the landlord can terminate the lease or rental agreement and file an eviction lawsuit with the court (see Colo. Rev. Stat. § § 13-40-104(d) and (e))."

And I can not make a tenant move:
"The only person who is authorized to remove a tenant from the rental unit is a law enforcement officer. Under Colorado law, it is never legal for a landlord to attempt to force the tenant to move out of the rental unit, and the tenant could sue the landlord for trying. "

See where I am coming from?  Sounds to me like I have to get permission and cooperation from the courts and cops to evict if a tenant decides not to go.
And that was my point, that I can't actually even make someone leave my house(s).  So I'm not sure where your "correction" of my point comes from, still.

(https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/the-eviction-process-colorado-rules-landlords-property-managers.html)

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,103
Igor Chained wrote:
Shaaaaaaaame!!!

ha ha, all i can think of is some guy sitting at a bar, sucking a vodka cranberry through a straw, complaining that his wife got screwed by david lannegan (or something like that).

Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
Big B wrote:

Bill, 

Sierras? you should know better...specially if your going to assimilate ;)

Assimilate? Short of not coming to a stop at stop signs that makes me throw up in my mouth. I said bro the other day and a little of me died inside.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "If you’re going to trespass across private prop…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started