Mountain Project Logo

Climbing movies or climbing scenes in movies

Original Post
Jerry432 · · odessa texas · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 11

What are some favorite bad or cheesy flicks that are about climbing or have a scene in it? there aren't a ton and the classics like cliffhanger or vertical limit always come to mind but I bet there are some obscures or missed ones out there. here are a couple of mine:

1. Point Break recent release soloing angel falls doing crazy dynamic moves
  2. Failure to launch the whipper/deck Matt McConahghey takes from his belayer eating Cheetos
  3. Ace Ventura 2 when nature calls opening scene
F Loyd · · Kennewick, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 808
Travis Bieber · · Fort Collins · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 741

That Bollywood film with the ice climbing scene. Cinematic masterpiece. Google it 

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

I think there was a scene of Angelina Jolie and Co climbing in "Mr/Mrs Smith"

And, let's not forget the "Eiger Sanction"

jleining · · CO · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 32

Bond is always a classic: 

David A · · Gardnerville, NV · Joined Oct 2008 · Points: 405

The opening scene of Wrong Turn, a "classic" early 2000s low budget slasher flick about inbred cannibals in rural West Virginia, depicts an ill-fated couple cragging, of course using some very questionable methods.

Tapawingo Markey · · Reno? · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 75
David A wrote: The opening scene of Wrong Turn, a "classic" early 2000s low budget slasher flick about inbred cannibals in rural West Virginia, depicts an ill-fated couple cragging, of course using some very questionable methods.

Damn, and to think I was wanting to plan a trip to the NRG this fall...

What movie is it where those kids look like their climbing but they are crawling on the sidewalk, and the camera oscillates as the girl is making fun of them? 

dullah m · · Elk Grove, CA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0
David A wrote: The opening scene of Wrong Turn, a "classic" early 2000s low budget slasher flick about inbred cannibals in rural West Virginia, depicts an ill-fated couple cragging, of course using some very questionable methods.

I've been using the wrong solo TR setup. Great way to keep the rope from running over the edge. Thx for the beta.

Jerry432 · · odessa texas · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 11

good one!! I forgot about that scene and that flick

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0
Floyd Eggers wrote:

Come on that is completely realistic even Dan Osman did a full off the wall dyno while free soloing!

Skye Swoboda-Colberg wrote:

North face of Uxbridge Road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U0tDU37q2M

The movie was Bushwacked or some other kids movie. 

Nicholas Gillman · · Las Vegas · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 327
It is as terrible as it looks ... in total it maybe has about 10 minutes of climbing but it’s all pretty Lol worthy ....most of which is in the opening sequence and a shorter rapp/ downclimb later on which includes the gem :

“We can abseil it...”

“But the rope isn’t long enough”

“We’ll multipitch it then...”
Andrew Hess · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0
Nicholas Gillman wrote: It is as terrible as it looks ... in total it maybe has about 10 minutes of climbing but it’s all pretty Lol worthy ....most of which is in the opening sequence and a shorter rapp/ downclimb later on which includes the gem :

“We can abseil it...”

“But the rope isn’t long enough”

“We’ll multipitch it then...”

Those Scots. Ah dinnae ken. 

JPB . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0
Sub Zero

Fever Pitch (amazing gym scene where climber is being belayed with no device and is subsequently dropped.)
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Climbing movies or climbing scenes in movies "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started