Mountain Project Logo

FA Haters...

djh860 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 110
Mike Robinson wrote:
  1. Moved to Moab in April...put time, money. And my own vision into some new routes...for anyone to enjoy....only to hear that ( employees of Pagan Mountaineering) are dissing me for it...I am a cook and only make 25k a year...but luv doing FAs..

Their bad energy doesn’t have to be yours.  Just do you your way.

don'tchuffonme · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 26
Mike Robinson wrote:
  1. Moved to Moab in April...put time, money. And my own vision into some new routes...for anyone to enjoy....only to hear that ( employees of Pagan Mountaineering) are dissing me for it...I am a cook and only make 25k a year...but luv doing FAs..

Maybe get a better job.  You're almost 40 and it looks like your lack of income isn't conducive to not leaving rock looking like swiss cheese somehow.  No wonder people were "hating".  

Carolina · · Front Range NC · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 20

I guess Ground up is too hard for some people.

abandon moderation · · Tahoe · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 54

I was sure this was a troll, looked at the previous comments...

https://www.mountainproject.com/area/113543539/indian-head-boulders#Comment-114261243

Oops, not a troll. He's really retro-bolting routes and really has pissed off local climbers before even moving to UT

jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5
kendallt wrote: I was sure this was a troll, looked at the previous comments...

https://www.mountainproject.com/area/113543539/indian-head-boulders#Comment-114261243

Oops, not a troll. He's really retro-bolting routes and really has pissed off local climbers before even moving to UT

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
Carolina wrote: I guess Ground up is too hard for some people.

There’s got to be a way to tie that to the blowing 2 guys at once comment....but...just...outta reach

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520

The thing is one of the lines that got retrobolted in Moab was clearly listed in a guide book. Oooops. Looks like some research needs to happen.

jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5
master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 262

Hahahahah! A mixed route involving a stick clip - instant classic.

C Limenski · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 15

A little work put into cleaning up the route(s?) that had been climbed prior to bolting may go a long way with community relations

Mike Robinson · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 8,011
holtmatt wrote: Yeah it was me talking crap. So if you have any malice in there you can talk to me not the staff of pagan. Maybe learn how to use a power drill and put up a route in good style. Otherwise of course people are going to hate when theres empty bolt holes everywhere in longs canyon due to your handiwork.

Cool, thanx for owning it...Yeah I made some mistakes on the anchors...but it's been done already and if you care that much your welcome to fix it.  Your welcome for a new route being opened for you to enjoy....and I'm not coming to your yard (pagan) to talk about it...stay on open ground...is your opinion even your own...brother?  

holtmatt wrote:

Yeah some good context. Learn how to use a power drill. If your pushing too hard maybe your in reverse(;

Haha....yeah thats exactly what I did wrong...total rookie dumb ass mistake

don'tchuffonme wrote:

Maybe get a better job.  You're almost 40 and it looks like your lack of income isn't conducive to not leaving rock looking like swiss cheese somehow.  No wonder people were "hating".  

Good one...but you could come harder than that...Im too much of a dumb ass to get a higher paying job

Carolina wrote: I guess Ground up is too hard for some people.

Ground up is for the birds...so is hand drilling...do you lead with ridged friends and hexes?...I fuckin doubt it...get the fuck out with that bullshit

master gumby wrote: Hahahahah! A mixed route involving a stick clip - instant classic.

Go climb it and pull the crux moves...do it how ever you want...

Trad Princess · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,175

I do love a good chain-post

Healyje · · PDX · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 422
This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

I think the real issue here is the know-it-all shop employees that you find nowadays at all the local shops across the nation. At least the people at REI admit they don't know shit.

Carolina · · Front Range NC · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 20
Mike Robinson wrote:

Ground up is for the birds...so is hand drilling...do you lead with ridged friends and hexes?...I fuckin doubt it...get the fuck out with that bullshit

Hey dish washer ...

Get the fuck outa longs and take your weak ethicx bak to California.
Ron O · · middle of nowhere, southern… · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Ho man.

Time to head back to the taco????

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started