Mountain Project Logo

Comments from the mobile app

Original Post
Gabe O'Leary · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 828

I routinely climb a route and then have some comment I want to add (loose flake, beta etc.) but I can't comment on the routes while I'm at the crag.  It's not until I get on my computer that I can contribute anything and by that time I have often forgotten precisely what I wanted to say.  Is there any reason comments can't be left from the mobile apps? Is this functionality on the road map?

Rachel Vecchitto · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 75

It's on the roadmap! We've been pretty strapped for mobile eng resources over the last few months but things should be improving this summer / fall.

Gabe O'Leary · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 828

Good to hear it!  Also Photos from the app would be my next request.  Excited to see the improvements!

F Loyd · · Kennewick, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 808
Gabe O'Leary wrote: Good to hear it!  Also Photos from the app would be my next request.  Excited to see the improvements!

+1

Acmesalute76 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 71

I kind of like that you can’t comment from the app. Unless you have something really important to say, you usually just forget about it. Keeps the comment volume down. Otherwise there will be a thousand comments saying “wow great!” Or some inane discussion about which green alien fits at the crux. 

simplyput . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 60

Yeah, if I can’t utilize my mobile device when I’m having a nice time in nature away from the grind of our ever expanding tech dependence, what’s the point?

Garage Physicist · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2021 · Points: 0
simplyput . wrote: Yeah, if I can’t utilize my mobile device when I’m having a nice time in nature away from the grind of our ever expanding tech dependence, what’s the point?

Some of us don't own a PC.

Is this feature still under consideration?

Alan Rader · · Wherever my Van is. · Joined May 2014 · Points: 314
Garage Physicist wrote:

Some of us don't own a PC.

Is this feature still under consideration?

I also think this would be nice. 

A way around mass comments.  Right now you have to pick if a comment is lost/found,  conditions or beta. Just add a comment filter when viewing for each of those also. 

Ticks are for the wow this route was great or crap. 

Janai Wallace · · Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 10

One of the greatest features of Mtn Project is being able to get more recent reports from people who have done a climb or been to a crag. Is the comment from  within  the app functionality  still on the road map? I believe the originanl post  was from back  in  2018 :(

BrokenChairs 88 · · Denver, CO · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 240

The road maps seem to change at about the same rate as the construction projects.  

Probably got lost in the mix hopefully bringing it back to life will get this back on the radar because it would be great to have this functionality from phone/tablet.

TJ H · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2020 · Points: 40

Also not that it's terribly difficult to do but it's tedious to transfer photos to pc to upload them. 

Dan Brockway · · Boulder · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 10

I guess you still can not update from a mobile device.  I wanted to post about a loose rock on Remsey’s Shenagins.  I do not know 

why this would not be considered important.

Gumby King · · The Gym · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 52

Routes may have different grades on a browers vs an app.

For example, Test Pilot in jtree is listed as 10b on the app but 10d on the browser.

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 199
Gumby King wrote:

Routes may have different grades on a browers vs an app.

For example, Test Pilot in jtree is listed as 10b on the app but 10d on the browser.

Thanks for flagging this. It was raised last week by some admins and we'll be running a check to try to update the grades on web, which weren't updating as expected (the app should be displaying the correct grade based on community consensus).

You can actually manually "update" a grade on web route pages by adding your own grade and refreshing the route page, then you should be able to delete your rating (it forces the route page to update the grade using the available community ratings). 

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder County, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 199
Dan Brockway wrote:

I guess you still can not update from a mobile device.  I wanted to post about a loose rock on Remsey’s Shenagins.  I do not know 

why this would not be considered important.

Thanks for the input here. This is still considered important. As others have noted, I suspect it hasn't been a top priority because there are workarounds (e.g. you could go to the web version of Mountain Project, log in, and add a comment to a route or area page using a mobile browser). Reminders or bumps of threads about improvements or new features, like this one, are very appreciated and one of the ways we check our list of priorities against feedback from users and the MP community.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Comments from the mobile app"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started