Mountain Project Logo

***SOLD***Truck for Sale - Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 with lift - One Owner - $9500 (Seattle, WA)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Sarah Hayden · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 145

2004 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD Off Road 4x4 2 Door Extended Cab Pickup for sale in the Seattle area. Great climbing vehicle for off-road approaches. This truck is in excellent mechanical condition. It has been meticulously cared for with regular oil changes and manufacture suggested maintenance service throughout its life. I am the original owner and the truck has never had any major issues. A few minor things are listed below. Price is based on Kelly Blue Book Value plus the value of upgrades I have made to the vehicle:

https://www.kbb.com/toyota/tacoma-xtracab/2004/pickup-2d-6ft/?r=84&pricetype=retail&condition=good&persistedcondition=excellent&swop=false

Features:
*TRD Off-road
*4 Wheel Drive
*Locking Rear Differential
*3.4 L V6 Engine
*5-Speed Manual Transmission
*Mileage: 216,000
*Exterior Color: White
*Interior Color: Tan
*Extended Cab - Xtracab
*Long bed
*A/C
*Power windows and doors
*Rear quarter windows and rear sliding window
*AM/FM Radio Cassette CD Stereo
*Cruise Control
*Clean vehicle history

Upgrades:
* Suspension Lift Kit Installed Toytech Ome (2" Lift with Extra Rear Leaf Springs)
* BFG All Terrain TA KO RWL Tires
* Best Buy I-POD Classic Interface Installation

Known Issues:
*Some light rust
*Small hail dents on hood (not very noticeable)
*A few dings in the windshield
*Evaporator drain gets clogged periodically. Videos online about how the tube can easily be cleaned out with a wire as needed.
*Topper was secured with bolts along the bed rails, and new rail caps were installed to cover the bolt holes.
*One of the rear side windows latches and locks but must be done manually. I have purchased the repair piece for install.
*Blue grip tape on back bumper

Cor · · Sandbagging since 1989 · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 1,445

bump for the blue grip tape!

Mark Trabolsi · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Hello, price is too high, try lowering the price to get more people interested!
Good luck! 

Ben Odell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

I can offer $5500 cash in hand and can be there this weekend. Let me know. Pending only that the frame rust isn't extensive.

Dean Van Bastelaar · · Newberry Springs, CA · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

I wouldn’t take a dime less....don’t let these people low ball you.  These truck are highly desirable.  

nmiller · · Montana · Joined Jan 2011 · Points: 80

haha, people joining just to comment on this thread??  Mark and Ben are you the same person lol?
Have owned a few of the first gen Tacomas, they're great trucks.  People will want to see pictures of all the areas of the frame, as "Ben" mentioned there were some rust issues.
If you haven't already, you might consider posting it on tacomaworld.com, I think you'll get close to your asking price
GLWS

Michael Brady · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,392
Dean Van Bastelaar wrote: I wouldn’t take a dime less....don’t let these people low ball you.  These truck are highly desirable.  

Haha. The used truck and subbie market in the NW is so ridiculously inflated right now. I have been keeping an eye on CL and apparently, in Portland, 250K miles is now considered "Low miles".  He probably will get close to what he is asking....which is insane in my opinion.

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,103

i literally have this exact same truck.  it is awesome.  probably the most satisfying purchase i have ever made. i wonder how many fords i have towed with it over the years....

Thank you Dean and nmiller! I am a Toyota girl so I know what a gem I am selling:)
Only reason I am selling it is because I need an automatic transmission due to a leg injury.
My new 3rd generation Tacoma is awesome, but doesn't quite compare to the smaller, lighter, zippier 1st generation. I have taken this 1st gen Tacoma through some unbelievably tight 4x4 roads (with a flippac attached too) and never had a problem with it. Super reliable truck!
Great suggestions about toyotaworld.com and adding pictures of the undercarriage. I will post some additional photos asap and of course an interested buyer can always have their mechanic check it out. Thanks, Sarah

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,103
bruno-cx wrote: Underpowered and overpriced rip-off.
Toyota has yet to put a decent engine that vehicle, even in 2018.  All you tacos heads are better off saving your hard earned cash for 2019 Ford Ranger.

ford ranger, lolz.... sure, they get better gas mileage statistically, but that is because they are being towed half the time.

LLubchenco · · Carbondale, CO · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 25

Tacolife is second only to tundralife. Eat your heart out ford rangers

​Here are some pictures of the undercarriage. Some of the orange/red is still Moab mud:)
This is such a sweet truck to get back to towers and camp in remote areas! It shifts smoothly and crawls over rocks with ease.​​​​ Someone is going to be so psyched about this purchase!

DR · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 973

The best part of this thread is all the people assuming Sarah is a dude because she has a rad truck and knows what she is talking about...

• **SOLD***
    List price:)

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started