Mountain Project Logo

Rating system for partners in "partner finder"

Original Post
Matt Wenger · · Bozeman · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 3,979

I'm imagining some sort of verified way to rate people with a star or 1-5 method in the partner finder that you have climbed with. Something like how AirBnb works. Each party can rate and leave feedback. Considering the risk is much higher with climbing than AirBnb, knowing who you are thinking about climbing with, how safe they are, etc. could be really, really nice. The importance here would be that each party would have to verify that they did indeed climb together.

John Clark · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 1,398
Matt Wenger wrote: I'm imagining some sort of verified way to rate people with a star or 1-5 method in the partner finder that you have climbed with. Something like how AirBnb works. Each party can rate and leave feedback. Considering the risk is much higher with climbing than AirBnb, knowing who you are thinking about climbing with, how safe they are, etc. could be really, really nice. The importance here would be that each party would have to verify that they did indeed climb together.

That won't massively backfire.

Matt Wenger · · Bozeman · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 3,979
John Clark wrote:

That won't massively backfire.

Have you ever used AirBnb? Works great on there. The key is that is has to be VERIFIED by both parties. What I'm envisioning would not be just me clicking on your name randomly and leaving a rating and feedback. You would have to verify that we climbed together, as would I, before any feedback could be left.

John Barritt · · The 405 · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 1,083

Yeah, great idea! Anonymous people on the internet already control what you buy......they should help you find climbing partners too.... ;)

Rofl.....

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Does anyone ever use the partner finder?? I've answered most of the requests for partners that people post, but have never had a peep from the partner finder. I've also not wanted to just hit up random people based on zip code.

Rating partners is just yet another opportunity for people to violate guideline #1. Just talk to people.

Best, OLH

Igor Chained · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 110
Matt Wenger wrote:

Have you ever used AirBnb? Works great on there. The key is that is has to be VERIFIED by both parties. What I'm envisioning would not be just me clicking on your name randomly and leaving a rating and feedback. You would have to verify that we climbed together, as would I, before any feedback could be left.

It does not work. So let's say we meet in partner finder and we go climbing and I suck really bad as a partner. After the fact, you come in here to trash me(with a reason). MP asks me to verify that we indeed climbed together. I say no way Jose and by doing that, I won't allow you to leave a rating and/or feedback.

Much easier to just create a post to trash them publicly. 
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Rating system for partners in "partner finder""

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started