A week doesn’t seem harsh enough

Aunt Patty · · Fryeburg, ME · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 126

Petition to re-name it E-coli Grape

But that is seriously foul

Steve Marshall · · Concord NH · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 45
Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

What if he/she had no choice?

Sean Peter · · IL · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 105

Now that they are cursed w diarrhea for a week there’s bound to be more of this...

Shaun Gregory · · Front range · Joined May 2016 · Points: 285
Russ Keane wrote: What if he/she had no choice?

The op stated he/she could have gone off to the side of the route instead of on the belay ledge. 

Dylan Levar · · Free as the breeze · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 857

Is this how people rated routes before MP?

Sean Onasch wrote:

The op stated he/she could have gone off to the side of the route instead of on the belay ledge. 

Yes but given the possible tether limitations, anchor setup, experience level of the person, it may have been a limited option scenario.  Imagine the leader has you on belay, way up.out of.sight and can't hear you. And the moment is a crisis and you cannot get any more slack.

Grandpa Dave · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 5
Russ Keane wrote:

Yes but given the possible tether limitations, anchor setup, experience level of the person, it may have been a limited option scenario.  Imagine the leader has you on belay, way up.out of.sight and can't hear you. And the moment is a crisis and you cannot get any more slack.

Too bad, then clean it up! No excuses!

So which belay ledge?

I'm just trying to be empathetic here.  Devil's advocacy.    Do you mean the giant house size perfectly safe ledge above the finger of fate (in which case, shame on them because all of my theories about being stuck/tethered would not apply;  plenty of freedom to walk around).    If you mean below the finger of fate, that could have been tricky.

JohnnyG · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 10

Thank god there is a ripping rainstorm moving through right now. 

Jimmy Downhillinthesnow · · Fort Collins, CO / Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 10

Who the fuck brings TP on Moby Grape??????

Ron O · · middle of nowhere, southern… · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Brassmonkey,....

"they"?????

Max S · · Steamboat Springs, CO · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0
Russ Keane wrote: I'm just trying to be empathetic here.  Devil's advocacy.    Do you mean the giant house size perfectly safe ledge above the finger of fate (in which case, shame on them because all of my theories about being stuck/tethered would not apply;  plenty of freedom to walk around).    If you mean below the finger of fate, that could have been tricky.

I climbed MG Wednesday and we unfortunately ran into this too. It was the ledge just below and right of the finger of fate. My partner actually set up a hanging belay under and left of the finger that avoided it

Sam Sala · · Denver, CO · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 82

I swear, somewhere in here, there's an analogy to be made about complaining about a giant stinking pile of poop ruining an otherwise nice experience on a MP forum.

Chris W · · Burlington, VT · Joined May 2015 · Points: 233

Well that's shitty

Peter J · · Bishop · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 646

I think if you posted a picture maybe we could make a more informed decision about how desperate this situation may have been. I mean.. How solid was it? Was is diarrhea? What color? these are all clues to deciphering just how desperate this poop was--and thus how much time the offending pooper may have had to choose where to poop/relocate to a better position.

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,520

Someone needs to get their shit together on shitting.

Immodium AD should be in your breakfast planning.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to ""

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started