Mountain Project Logo

Top anchor fixing & hardware store gear

Original Post
nathan jame · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I need some advice please on starting to implement some fixes on the top anchors of a few sport routes. the ones i specifically have in mind are at hellfire (flintstone, scorched earth, wastelands, and in time a few others), but i have seen the same "problem" at legoland (bon giorno bambina). so, here's the issue: the top anchor is two ring bolts  configured around 15cm apart and directly next to each other

Francis Haden · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 9

Cheapest and simplest solution would be to fit a ram's horn to each ring.

Quick link and rap ring fitted to each bolt is cheap and easily replaceable however will cause rope kinking and requires threading.

Anything else is likely to involve more components and thus be costlier in configuration eg chains (with / without rings) to a focal point

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
nathan jame wrote: I need some advice please on starting to implement some fixes on the top anchors of a few sport routes. the ones i specifically have in mind are at hellfire (flintstone, scorched earth, wastelands, and in time a few others), but i have seen the same "problem" at legoland (bon giorno bambina). so, here's the issue: the top anchor is two ring bolts  configured around 15cm apart and directly next to each other

What's the issue? What is it you want to fix? Two rings on each bolt is great. One ring is not.

chiruu K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

wat  is the issue may i know clearly

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Fixed Hardware: Bolts & Anchors
Post a Reply to "Top anchor fixing & hardware store gear"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started