Mountain Project Logo

Should I keep it secret

Pat Brennan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0

Cliffhanger Rock AKA Sphinx Rock
And a 600 foot zip line from the Sphinx across the canyon to Lee's Rock
Slackliners going between the heads, what a show while having dinner at the restaurant !

David N · · Los angeles · Joined May 2017 · Points: 5
Pat Brennan wrote: Cliffhanger Rock AKA Sphinx Rock
And a 600 foot zip line from the Sphinx across the canyon to Lee's Rock
Slackliners going between the heads, what a show while having dinner at the restaurant !

You forgot the occasional hang glider swooping by 

Pat Brennan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 0

Joe let the cat out of the bag. He told us the whole story and showed us all kinds of pictures too.
So just ask Joe.

Trad Princess · · Not That Into Climbing · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,175

unsubscribe

Mark Berenblum · · Gardiner, NY · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 105
Joe De Luca wrote: All right the reason I wanted to keep it secret was because I developed another Crag called Cliffhanger Rock AKA Sphinx Rock once the news got out about it people literally came and bolted rebar into the Rock also fire escape ladders bolted into the Rock and giant rope hammocks built in the trees. This is the ethic that I'm talking about, the other reason I did the post this way was to try to inspire people to get up get out and find cool things to climb.

Lolz... those climbers' ethics are worse than I could have possibly imagined if they're putting up ladders to get to the top. You're right to keep it secret. Next thing you know, they'll put in an elevator so they can bag the FKT.

R E R · · Southern California · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 4,930

A secret crag is not a secret until you post photos and tell everyone they are not allowed. 

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 148

Dang, wish I was cool enough to have secret areas....and then not post them on the MP shit show.

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 148

Dagburn that whipper-snapper Locker!!! He negates mah coolz.

Gonna change it to "Spraylord Perry" like the Giants pitcher of yore...

:P

rafael · · Berkeley, CA · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 35
Locker wrote:
"Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote: Dang, wish I was cool enough to have secret areas....and then not post them on the MP shit show."

For the record. Your choice of screenname negates ANY "Cool" you could have had.

So you see, you're your own problem.

:-)

Every time I see Harumpfster Boondoggle I read it as Hamster Bongwaffle 

F Loyd · · Kennewick, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 808
rafael wrote:

The literal meaning is classic.

rafael wrote:

Dang, my secret identity is revealed and I am outed as a CIA agent!

oops lol.
Greg Davis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 10

in order to know your answer try this. okay so when you get to the base of Mission Gorge's Main Wall you're gonna wanna take 100 paces climbers left. It helps to have your harness on for this approach as when you get to the top you need to tie your crag pack to a gear loop using a single length sling on a basket hitch. At approximately 9:45AM the shade shall recede and when you look Northeast you will see a bush. go to that bush, your weighted harness is going to allow you to tire yourself out so by the time you get to the bush your heart rate is up, and you will not require a warm-up. now turn belayer's west and look at the paved trail, the next step is the hardest to get right. jump neck first into the gulley below, making sure you have an autoblock to aid your descent. helmet optional. message me for more info on this spot

Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15
GDavis wrote: in order to know your answer try this. okay so when you get to the base of Mission Gorge's Main Wall you're gonna wanna take 100 paces climbers left. It helps to have your harness on for this approach as when you get to the top you need to tie your crag pack to a gear loop using a single length sling on a basket hitch. At approximately 9:45AM the shade shall recede and when you look Northeast you will see a bush. go to that bush, your weighted harness is going to allow you to tire yourself out so by the time you get to the bush your heart rate is up, and you will not require a warm-up. now turn belayer's west and look at the paved trail, the next step is the hardest to get right. jump neck first into the gulley below, making sure you have an autoblock to aid your descent. helmet optional. message me for more info on this spot

Ok did that, now what?  I’m just danglin’ here and am running low on absinthe.  Do I blow a vape cloud and follow it or??!?

Dave Sharp · · Big bear California · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 110

I know where its at lol too hard for me anyways

Kemper Brightman · · The Old Pueblo, AZ · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 2,971
GDavis wrote: in order to know your answer try this. okay so when you get to the base of Mission Gorge's Main Wall you're gonna wanna take 100 paces climbers left. It helps to have your harness on for this approach as when you get to the top you need to tie your crag pack to a gear loop using a single length sling on a basket hitch. At approximately 9:45AM the shade shall recede and when you look Northeast you will see a bush. go to that bush, your weighted harness is going to allow you to tire yourself out so by the time you get to the bush your heart rate is up, and you will not require a warm-up. now turn belayer's west and look at the paved trail, the next step is the hardest to get right. jump neck first into the gulley below, making sure you have an autoblock to aid your descent. helmet optional. message me for more info on this spot

Wait, I thought this was on the backside side of Santee??

matthew merina · · El dorado hill & Burbank, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Thank you so much for putting in the time effort and money. 

Hunky Tony · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 12

Fucking Christ. I entered "Mission Gorge Main Wall" into my GPS and it auto corrected to "Mission Valley Mall"......I racked up and everything.

I......will.....find.....

nathanael · · Riverside, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 525

Took some sleuthing but I figured out where this guy's route is. If you want to go check it out here is the GPS coordinates. 20+ pitch sports routes for everyone.

32.993809, -116.971074

nathanael wrote: Took some sleuthing but I figured out where this guy's route is. If you want to go check it out here is the GPS coordinates. 20+ pitch sports routes for everyone.

32.993809, -116.971074

dude, the locals are going to have your head on a steak with bbq sauce for that one. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Should I keep it secret"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started