Mountain Project Logo

Céüse, France (July - Aug) - Looking for Partner and Travel Tips

Original Post
Sam Sabir · · La Canada Flintridge, CA · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Hello fellow climbers!
I’m traveling through Europe this summer and I would like to climb in Céüse anytime between June 30th to Aug 16 (I’m very flexible). I am looking for some climbing partners. I am currently alone after spending a week in Kalymnos, Greece sport climbing with my friends and girlfriend. They all had to return to the real world unfortunatly.

I have a 70m rope and a dozen or so draws and will belay like a champion! Looking to project greater than 7c+ and on-site anything lower.

Also, if you guys have any tips for a solo traveling climber spending a summer in Europe, I’m all ears!

Cheers!
~Sam

Mike Nerby · · Cool · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 75

I spent three weeks in France last May. I thought Ceuse was a dream! Easy to get to Gap via bus. I hitch hiked up the mountian and all the way to the camp site. Most European sport climbers will head to ceuse to escape the heat so the camp will be packed and you won’t have much issue getting partners. I went in May and it was snowing and there were people to climb with. The approach is a hike so leave early and spend all day.

The Verdon and Les Calanques we’re both stellar as well. The Verdon five stars in every way and les calanques the rock quality wasn’t as good but still killer climbing is an amazing setting. 

Will Maness · · Terrebonne, OR · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 115

Mike beat me to it.  I second everything he said.  I was there with friends last June, but I was still able to find partners on a day when they decided not to hike up because of possible weather.  That place is truly amazing, and it will definitely make you stronger!  Camping Les Geurins is the way to go, and don't be afraid to hitch!  Taxi from Gap is too rich for my blood!

Lohan · · Rome, GA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 345

I'll be in Flatanger the next 3 months. Summer is the season, and there is a campground and guesthouses to stay at, all walking distance from the climbing so no car is needed. Would definitely recommend making your way there if Ceuse doesn't work out! PM if you need details or a partner!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Céüse, France (July - Aug) - Looking for Partne…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started