Mountain Project Logo

1991 Toyota 4x4 with Topper and Platform Located in Hailey, ID

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Jsimon25 · · Bristol, Vt · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 0
1991 Toyota Deluxe 4x4 (essentially a Tacoma but technically it is "pre" Tacoma) with 194,000 miles. V6, 3.0l 5 speed manual. Manually locking hubs, 4 wheel drive works with no issues. This truck is in excellent shape, almost zero rust. I am the third owner, the truck previously lived in Denver, CO and saw minimal winter driving. Since then I have driven it across the country a few times, many miles of dirt and muddy roads, deep snow, river crossing, desert four wheeling, and it goes EVERYWHERE! This truck has never broken down on me and has always got me where I needed to go.The timing belt was replaced at 150k
Clutch replaced in 2017
Add-a-Leaf in the rear to get rid of the old Toyota "sag"
KYB shocks in the rear
Toyo Open Country tires with plenty of tread left.
Oil recently changed

Truck currently has a platform with a long drawer in the bed that is great for camping out of the truck. I will include this if you are interested in it or remove it.

Yakima space booster and Rocky Mounts included for the right price. (Santa Cruz not included...)

This truck is set up perfectly as an adventure mobile and I would love to see it go to someone with adventure on their mind!

Asking $6500 obo

Hate to see this thing go, but it's time to move on to something a little more suited for work and towing capacity.
Carolina · · Front Range NC · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 20

Any more pictures of the cab?

Ryan Edwards · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 5

How about some close-ups of those drawer stickers?

George Hayduke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 65

Cool looking PU.... respectfully,  how do u figure  this worth 6k since it has near 200k miles and is over 25 years old? 

Spencer Ringwood · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0
George Hayduke wrote: Cool looking PU.... respectfully,  how do u figure  this worth 6k since it has near 200k miles and is over 25 years old? 

Taco tax. If it's as clean as he says, he'll probably get that too.

ShireSmitty · · WP · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 70

This is the motor known for head gasket failure, and with 200k on it... Things are about to start falling apart. I figure he's priced it knowing the lowballers will do their thing. Nobody's paying $6500, Toyota or not, when they can get a Tacoma in the year 2000 range with 150k for $8000 

ShireSmitty · · WP · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 70
  • Spencer Ringwood wrote:

Taco tax. If it's as clean as he says, he'll probably get that too.

Maybe in Vermont. 

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started