Mountain Project Logo

Dolomites/Arco (or surrounding areas) in July

Original Post
Ben Horowitz · · Bishop, CA · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 136

I'm going to be around Trieste for a various conferences during July, but don't currently have plans July 6th-16th. Hoping to check out the Dolomites, Arco, the Swiss Alps, something in Slovenia, or anything else good nearby. Looking for partners, climbing recommendations, and/or recommendations of where to find partners.

Can bring whatever gear needed, could rent a car, and usually happy to lead up 5.10 (6b-ish)

marjan bohnec · · Slovenia · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 15

Hi,
I'm interested for climbing in Dolomites. I'll have more time end of July, begining of August but I hope I'll could find few days free in the midle of the July too. I've sent you a PM.

Tom Blake · · London UK · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

Hi,

UK climber here. I'm planning on heading down to the Alps in June and staying on the move until ive bled my bank account dry; have a couple of meet ups planned but there will be plenty of time when im looking for partners I'm sure!

I'll have a van and a bunch of gear. I'm about 5.11 sport, and have just started trad, with my first E1 (sorry i dont know the yosemite conversion) last weekend. Happy to keep in touch and meet up if possible!
Tom

Hamed Jasem · · Tallinn, EE · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Tom and Ben, I am going to be visiting for a couple weeks July 3-July 17 and would love to meet up. I will be somewhere in the French, Italian, or Swiss alps and am flexible depending on the partner situation. I lead 5.8 and follow up to 5.10c. Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to partner up! Haj5057@psu.edu

Emma Ransome · · Birmingham, UK · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Hey,
I'll be there too - same story at Tom, travelling from UK early July - few partners arranged but not for entire time...

@Emma: pm'd you btw 

Ethan Ayer · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Hi all, I just got my tix to Europe and I plan on visiting the Dolomites from around July 10 through the 14thish. I would be interested in a partner for any sport or via ferrata since my wife does not climb. 

Elliot Warner · · Claremont, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hey! I don't quite have an itinerary nailed down, but I think I'll be around with an open schedule in that time frame if anyone needs a catch

Would it be worth exchanging some contact details (e.g. WhatsApp) so we can arrange meet ups closer to the time when we'll all be in the area? Could set up a message group, which would be easier than on here/over pms. 

Tom

Ben Horowitz · · Bishop, CA · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 136

Sounds great to me! Whatsapp links to the phone number right? I'm at 18609515652

Ben

Hamed Jasem · · Tallinn, EE · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Can you add me as well? +16467570426

add me as well.  I will be in the Dolomites July 13th to the 17th.
+13237029565

Amanda Mo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

I'll be in Venice June 16-August 10.  Keep in in the loop, please!

Amrutha Renganathan · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 35

pls add me! 6783585195. I'll be there July 27th- August 25th

Elliot Warner · · Claremont, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Could you add me as well? I'll be there July 5th-22nd

Quincy Snowdon · · Front Range, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 40

I’d love to be looped in with this as well. I’ll be around Innsbruck June 24 to July 18, and I’m very keen to get down to Italy sometime within that window. Please toss my number into the group! +1-860-490-2955.

(Also, if this is the same Ben Horowitz from the Farmington Valley then this world is just too dang small.)

Does anyone know how much a via ferrata kit typically costs to rent in Corvara area? I'm only missing a lanyard.

Jmace · · Rome, Italy · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

I am based in Rome and could potentially be available for quick trips up north - preferably weekends.

WhatsApp
+39 389 2170203

Bailey Kirkland · · Charleston, sc · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Will anybody be around the Dolomites area from August 1st-5th? I will be in the area on those dates and would love to meet up and climb as much as possible. Can I get added to the WhatsApp too? +18437258951

Christian Shackleton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I'll be around Arco until the 29th of June with a car, rope, draws, but no partner if any of you are thinking of heading around this way earlier than July.

+61401269776 (WhatsApp only)

Cheers

Caleb Wexler · · Carbondale, CO · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I'm going to be in Italy from July 8th through mid August, and Chamonix from the 5th to the 8th. I don't have a car or rope, but I've got shoes, harness, gri-gri, and I'd be stoked to trade belays with anyone climbing in Arco/Finale/anywhere I can get on some rock. I can usually lead 5.11 but I haven't climbed in a month or so (going through some serious climbing withdrawls tbh) so might be more like 5.10 for a day or two.

+1 970 310 6758 on WhatsApp if someone could add me to the group. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Dolomites/Arco (or surrounding areas) in July"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started