Mountain Project Logo

Children and The Art of Suffering

Anonymous · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0
Briggs Lazalde wrote: Like the teacher tried rapping to the children in order to get on their level but it just 2nd hand embarrassed them instead? That must be what you ment. Surely you didn't mispell a word that translates to molestation. [Cursh* radio static] [speaks into collar on shirt] "We got him"

Screw typos, well one of the 12 year old girls got pregnant from him so... You also have the 3 guys who gang raped a 2 year old... and than you have the minor stuff like the other teacher who would start drinking and disappear for months at a time. We had the 14 year old girl (with parents who were dead) with the 1 year old kid from her sister who wanted us to take it because it's parents both died from aids and most likely the kid is now dead from getting aids from the parents as well.

Now lets her some bitching from some people who have never lived in a 3rd world country.

Briggs Lazalde wrote: So much confused. I live in idaho. Practically its own 3rd world country. But what?

Typical person who doesn't know about anything outside the US. They really should require living in a developing country for 6 months to finish high school.

cragmantoo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 175

I realize a lot of bad s__t happens in the world, but is this thread really necessary?

All kind of in poor taste (not to be a snowflake...)

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
cragmantoo wrote: I realize a lot of bad s__t happens in the world, but is this thread really necessary?

All kind of in poor taste (not to be a snowflake...)

There's something to overcoming adversity in life that might be beneficial to climbing hard but I'm pretty sure AIDS doesn't help.

Perhaps if kids from the third world were exposed to climbing more they would excel and bring a little diversity to the sport. #climbingsowhite
Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

Children are naturally badasses. The ones I know that aren't have had it beaten out of them by over-protective parents.

Children cheat though because they can use foot holds as a jug for their hands.

Dunder Thunder · · Ventura ca · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 53
ViperScale . wrote: Children cheat though because they can use foot holds as a jug for their hands.

Sounds like someone can use a little more time on the hang board.:)

Dunder . wrote:

Sounds like someone can use a little more time on the hang board.:)

What good is that when a kid can get 2-3 fingers on what is a mono to me (and I have tiny hands to begin with).

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252
ViperScale . wrote: Send them to school in Africa where the parents know the teacher raped some of the students but figure a bad teacher is better than no teacher at all!

You don’t need to send them to Africa for that.

Dunder Thunder · · Ventura ca · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 53
ViperScale . wrote:

What good is that when a kid can get 2-3 fingers on what is a mono to me (and I have tiny hands to begin with).

Made me think of this  guy:)
earl mcalister · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 241

Only oatmeal, at all meals, for life.

jason oliphant · · warren, Pa · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 20

Is anyone on the ridiculous thread going to claim that they are actually parents?  ( except for a small amount of you that had shocked responses to all the troll talk)
cause Honestly; I'm all but sure none of you are...

Anyways; From a Parent.

I don't really think kids need "toughened" up.  Life is hard and will bring a lot of challenges and difficulties.  the best you can do is to try to be a good parent; that supports your kids and gives them the best chance possible to be mentally adjusted and ready for life.

part of that good start on life is to give them the wide opportunity to try things and not be "over-protective".

jason oliphant wrote: Is anyone on the ridiculous thread going to claim that they are actually parents?  ( except for a small amount of you that had shocked responses to all the troll talk)

Anyways; From a Parent.

I don't really think kids need "toughened" up.  Life is hard and will bring a lot of challenges and difficulties.  the best you can do is to try to be a good parent; that supports your kids and gives them the best chance possible to be mentally adjusted and ready for life.

part of that good start on life is to give them the wide opportunity to try things and not be "over-protective".

Life for kids in the US is like climbing a 5.2... compared to most of the other world.

jason oliphant wrote: Is anyone on the ridiculous thread going to claim that they are actually parents?  ( except for a small amount of you that had shocked responses to all the troll talk)

Anyways; From a Parent.

That might get them an office job but I wish for more from my kids.

trolling confirmed.

treat a dog mean and its mean.  treat a kid badly and you'll give it mental problems that will haunt its whole life.
is mental problems or being mean = being tough?  really?

anyways I guess the new idea on mountain project forums is to propose torturing people and see if they are better rock climbers.  its kind of boring. you guys should go back to your vid games.
Truth is , nobody really knows (or can know) whether torturing people makes them better rock climbers or tougher people.

end of thread.

"jason" you are over thinking a clever thread title. How do you raise kids to be good at or interested in "The Art of Suffering" ala climbing. Get it?!

... I guess not.

so whats the discussion here supposed to be about anyways?  its got almost no content if its just a joke.

and if you REALLY wanted to talk about kids Raised to be climbers, wouldn't you ask something like-
"Do you think kids that have climbing parents and were raised around climbing gyms have a tough childhood"?

at least there would be content.

we could all try to guess whether alex honnold had a sucky childhood.  

jason oliphant wrote: ... I guess not.

so whats the discussion here supposed to be about anyways?  its got almost no content if its just a joke.

and if you REALLY wanted to talk about kids Raised to be climbers, wouldn't you ask something like-
"Do you think kids that have climbing parents and were raised around climbing gyms have a tough childhood"?

at least there would be content.

we could all try to guess whether alex honnold had a sucky childhood.  

You are getting at something there, albeit slowly. There's a difference between actual suffering and suffering for sport.

jason oliphant wrote: trolling confirmed.

treat a dog mean and its mean.  treat a kid badly and you'll give it mental problems that will haunt its whole life.
is mental problems or being mean = being tough?  really?

anyways I guess the new idea on mountain project forums is to propose torturing people and see if they are better rock climbers.  its kind of boring. you guys should go back to your vid games.
Truth is , nobody really knows (or can know) whether torturing people makes them better rock climbers or tougher people.

end of thread.

But it does make them a better climber. Kai Lightner was tortured as a kid, his TV was on the ceiling and he didn't have a changer so when he wanted to change the channel he had to climb up the climbing holds on the wall to change it manually.

ViperScale . wrote:

But it does make them a better climber. Kai Lightner was tortured as a kid, his TV was on the ceiling and he didn't have a changer so when he wanted to change the channel he had to climb up the climbing holds on the wall to change it manually.

you have proof that he was tortured as he kid or you have proof that he was encouraged to climb?

also, per the article
http://www.cityviewnc.com/feature-climbing-higher/
the TV was mounted on the wall.  Kai did apparently like to climb the holds and watch TV.  but who said that he had to climb to change channels?
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Children and The Art of Suffering"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started