Mountain Project Logo

The Nose In...2 days?

A. B. · · San Diego · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 51

Traffic also may determine pace.

I recommend two cam hooks.

Taylor Krosbakken · · Duluth, MN · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 1,086

Well Dan....how did it go???

Dan Vinson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 40
TKrosbakken wrote: Well Dan....how did it go???

We sent! We started at ~4:40pm and climbed for 31-hours straight summiting the second morning at around 1am... It was wild! Led the King Swing in the dark, 2 took whips on changing corners, and had a never-will-forget-experience. We started with ~3.5 L of water each and were able to use some water we had stashed on a failed attempt.

Full TR here: https://theadventureapprentice.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/goals-the-nose-on-el-capitan-trip-report/.

I believe that knowing the route and with more climbing in the light, we could do sub-24 hours... Will have to go back to find out!
Mark Hudon · · Lives on the road · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 420

Awesome, Dan!

If the Nose wasn’t so GD crowded, I think it would be a real fun two day route. I wouldn’t take jugs, I’d go real light and lead and follow every pitch. 

Erik Griffith · · Sacramento · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 191
Dan Vinson wrote: 

We sent! We started at ~4:40pm and climbed for 31-hours straight summiting the second morning at around 1am... It was wild! Led the King Swing in the dark, 2 took whips on changing corners, and had a never-will-forget-experience. We started with ~3.5 L of water each and were able to use some water we had stashed on a failed attempt.

Full TR here: https://theadventureapprentice.wordpress.com/2017/05/29/goals-the-nose-on-el-capitan-trip-report/.

• I believe that knowing the route and with more climbing in the light, we could do sub-24 hours... Will have to go back to find out!

Fuck ya Dan! That's exactly how I climbed it the first time!! Good job dude. You can definitely do it in a day now! Doing it like that is more hardcore than in a day! I've done it three times since my first time, which was a 40hr push, and have basically cut my time in almost 1/3 each time. Second time 26 hrs, my last time 19hrs. Next time will hopefully be 12-15hrs. 

So awesome you guys did it like that. It was one of the most memorable climbs of my life
Dan Vinson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 40
Erik Griffith wrote:

Fuck ya Dan! That's exactly how I climbed it the first time!! Good job dude. You can definitely do it in a day now! Doing it like that is more hardcore than in a day! I've done it three times since my first time, which was a 40hr push, and have basically cut my time in almost 1/3 each time. Second time 26 hrs, my last time 19hrs. Next time will hopefully be 12-15hrs. 

So awesome you guys did it like that. It was one of the most memorable climbs of my life

Thanks for the stoke, Eric! That was my first time up El Cap and the memory is forever blazed in my mind...what a journey!

Wow, those are major time improvements on your end, there is hope! Looking forward to reading your 12-hour Nose beta/TR man.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Big Wall and Aid Climbing
Post a Reply to "The Nose In...2 days?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started