Mountain Project Logo

Michigan climbing

Original Post
Chelsea Lybarger · · Grand Rapids MI · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 1

I live in Grand Rapids and am always looking to connect with climbers mostly climb at inside moves. Go to the ledges and planet rock as well. Hoping to do more trips to the Red also. Who’s in Michigan? Let’s get climbing 

• Hi sorry for responding late. I have been climbing for a year now. I’m usually at inside moves in GR. I have friends that usually climb in Ann Arbor. 

It’s definilty smaller. Like probably the size of the smaller sectioned walls. Not the sunshine wal. If that makes any sense. A lot cheaper. Day pass is 11. Annual I think is 360 maybe

Samuel Ammermann · · Hackettstown, NJ · Joined May 2018 · Points: 1

I know this is a bit late but if you ever come up to Alpena I need a partner!

TJ Morton · · Detroit, MI · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

I'm looking for partner(s) to climb with at Planet Rock MH! I climb at AA occasionally as well and hopefully will be heading down the Red more than I have. Feel free to get in touch.

I love planet rock. They are both a few hours drive for me as I’m in Grand Rapids. It’s nice to get out in the weekend when I’m off from work. Haven’t been to the red yet. My van died on vacation but somehow we got it running enough. Still love to go to the red

Drew S · · Columbus, OH · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 2

I'd like to go to the red. I do live in Ohio though.

Hey it’s on the way! We could carpool. 

Jamie D. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

I’m back home in Michigan (Marquette area) for the summer and I’m hoping to find a climbing partner! Let me rephrase “hoping” to “desperate”! It’s been two weeks since I’ve last climbed and I’m itching to get back on the wall!  

Welcome back. I understand that itch. You are very far away from me as I’m in GR. Re there groups by you? If I move again part of the deciding factor will be climbing gyms near by ha

Just at the Red today.  It wasn't too busy.  Great day!!

Nice that’s awesome. I’m hoping over the 4th to go. My company is working on trying to get us a 5 day weekend. If it happens I’ll leave Tuesday afternoon. My friends down there are off Wednesday’s. Was thinking about kayaking and hiking as well. Don’t mind company

Cool, yeah I don't know what my work schedule is yet but i'll keep that in mind.

Justin Veenhuis · · Ferndale, MI · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 101

Im thinking about going to The Red mid next week. Climbing the 19th and 20th. I also climb at Madison Heights a lot. Hit me up if anyone needs a catch. Id have to bring my dog, so The Muir is out

Looking to do a trip to the Red! Prefer to leave Tuesday July 3 and can return as late as Sunday July 8. Want to meet up with a few friends to climb Wednesday. More climbing would be great along with some kayaking through caves and hiking. Let me know if you are interested in doing a trip. Doesn’t have to be the entire length but this is the time off from work I have available. Stay at Miguel’s. I have gear but haven’t done lead outside yet. Thank you!
Live in Grand Rapids 

TJ Morton · · Detroit, MI · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0
Chelsea Mae Marie wrote: Looking to do a trip to the Red! Prefer to leave Tuesday July 3 and can return as late as Sunday July 8. Want to meet up with a few friends to climb Wednesday. More climbing would be great along with some kayaking through caves and hiking. Let me know if you are interested in doing a trip. Doesn’t have to be the entire length but this is the time off from work I have available. Stay at Miguel’s. I have gear but haven’t done lead outside yet. Thank you!
Live in Grand Rapids 

Oh boy that's gonna be hot and sticky. Have fun!

I need to look at my schedule.  I may be able to be down there one of those days.

Just one? Ha. Not judging just asking. 

Skyler Cavitt · · Royal Oak, MI · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 27

I'm looking at going to the Ledges this weekend (July 28th and/or 29th) and looking for a Partner!  I've never climbed there or outside really so if someone wants to show me the ropes! 

Perfect timing well not my respinse. The west Michigan AAC chapter is hosting a day of climbing at the ledges tomorrow! Saturday! 9-5 they are doing a potluck if you are interested.  Seek out west Michigan AAC on fb and check it out. Lots of people to meet and great people to help transition to outdoor climbing. Just bring harness shoes and chalk we got the ropes handled!

How was Whipps?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest Partners
Post a Reply to "Michigan climbing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started