Mountain Project Logo

FS: Retired/Imperfect/Broken gear. Some repairable, some for art. Cheap

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
ClimbingOn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 0

I have a bit of gear that I've either broken, bootied, or otherwise have decided is no longer worthwhile to me. Some is repairable, some is only suitable for art projects. I've also seen people who teach classes use worn out gear to show what worn out gear actually looks like. Prices on the retired gear basically reflect my time to take pictures and package/mail. I've described each piece but if you would like more pictures, I can do that. Shipping will be actual cost.

Carabiners. All are not suitable for climbing. Rope grooves, sticky gates, or other issues. $1 each. All are Sold.

Belay devices. Very, very deep grooves. Not suitable for climbing. $2 each.

Booty nuts. $1 each.

Pre-C4 Camalot #3. Functionally fine but a frayed trigger wire. Full disclosure: I've called just about every shop there is and no one carries the trigger wire repair kit for this cam any longer. Called BD and they want wayyyyy too much to repair it. Didn't feel like trying a home-repair, although I've heard it is fairly simple. $22.

Black Diamond Camalot C3. This cam works perfectly. While climbing the rope ran across the plastic covering on the stem and put a groove in it. Functionally and safety-wise it is fine, but I no longer use C3s. $24. Sold.

Black Diamond C4 .4. This cam has seen very little use but part of the trigger bar snapped off in the pack. Weird. Functionally and safety-wise it's fine but it's annoying to use with the broken trigger bar. $24. Sold.

Blue/Green offset alien and .3 X4. I got scared aiding in Yosemite and used them in placements I shouldn't have...now they're kinked. $17 for the alien and $20 for the X4.

Wild Country Tech Friend. This cam needs a little cam lube but functions fine. Unfortunately the trigger wire frayed right at the trigger bar a little. It doesn't look frayed, but there is a sharp bit of wire. Could definitely be repaired. $17.

Old slings. No issues, but they're old and no longer trustworthy for climbing. $1 each.
Chasing Choss · · California · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 416

I’ll take the x4

Chasing Choss wrote: I’ll take the x4

Sent you a PM with payment info.

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492

You got my PM yesterday?

Gunkiemike wrote: You got my PM yesterday?

I did, sorry for not replying. Have been waiting to hear back from a few full-price offers, including Chasing Choss (who has logged on in the last 3 hours but still has not replied).

Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 265

Out of curiosity, how much did BD want to repair trigger on #3? Did you ask if they would just send you a trigger kit? I’ve got a couple like that that I’ve been meaning to fix...

Marc H wrote: Out of curiosity, how much did BD want to repair trigger on #3? Did you ask if they would just send you a trigger kit? I’ve got a couple like that that I’ve been meaning to fix...

I honestly don't recall. It was much more than I thought was reasonable, and then there's shipping it there and back. They no longer have trigger kits for this cam. I've seen several home-fixes that looked great, I just don't want to deal with it.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started